A simplistic guide to pnach files (aka pnach for dummies)
You had to have Java installed, and you have to open the .jar file.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]

Sponsored links

The very first post has a link to that .jar file that you need. the .class files are the source...you may have downloaded the wrong files
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
I followed these instructions exactly as they say but my code isn't being read. I found this on the console and was wondering if it meant something.

"Not found Cheats file: C:\Users\Michael\Documents\PCSX2\cheats\1F34E107.pnach

Overall 0 Cheats loaded"
firstly check you have saved the file in the right place, secondly make sure it doesn't have a hidden ".txt" extension on it. you can make sure of this by going in to your folder options (in windows 10 this is the view tab then options on the right) then choose view and untick "hide extensions of known file types" and apply it.

if it has .txt on the end, remove it and it should work.

if it still doesn't work (and the name of your pnach file is correct) please post the contents of the file here so we can check it
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-14-2016, 01:37 AM)refraction Wrote: firstly check you have saved the file in the right place, secondly make sure it doesn't have a hidden ".txt" extension on it. you can make sure of this by going in to your folder options (in windows 10 this is the view tab then options on the right) then choose view and untick "hide extensions of known file types" and apply it.

if it has .txt on the end, remove it and it should work.

if it still doesn't work (and the name of your pnach file is correct) please post the contents of the file here so we can check it

Yeah, that was the issue, the save wasn't going to the right place. But I fixed that and the code works flawlessly now. Thnx!
Can someone explain me how, HOW HOW is that possible that even though I am on a topic page that talks about pnach, the original post, or its 50+ comments are not talking about any fuking pnach code.
I know the purpose of the topic was to bring a software about pnach and all stuff. But I found this topic by writing "pnach sample code" and the first Google result was this topic.
Why is there no code anywhere while it's talking about pnach ? I'm talking about what you put in the pnach file, I need to do one thing: I need PCSX2 to constantly write a byte at a certain address on my game. I don't care about the program, the max codes in it or whatever it is. I want the simple stuff like:
"01234567 blabla; 00000001" or something looking like this in the pnach file. I don't give a ***** about everything else. Cordially, love. xoxox
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-PNACH-files-work-2-0
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
I managed to make one game work after reading this tutorial, yet one thing isn't clear:

- It says that all 6 codes were loaded for the game, but I want to be able to manually select which codes I want to use it. If this isn't possible, does that mean I need to edit (with the Notepad) the PNACH file everytime, and remove the entries from the codes I don't want to use it?

Also, is it necessary to always have the Master Code in the PNACH, no matter how many codes I decide to include there?
(02-17-2017, 08:46 PM)Perene Wrote: I managed to make one game work after reading this tutorial, yet one thing isn't clear:

- It says that all 6 codes were loaded for the game, but I want to be able to manually select which codes I want to use it. If this isn't possible, does that mean I need to edit (with the Notepad) the PNACH file everytime, and remove the entries from the codes I don't want to use it?

Also, is it necessary to always have the Master Code in the PNACH, no matter how many codes I decide to include there?

Not sure if you read the guide I posted above your post as well..

Quote:On a lot of sites you'll also find the so called 'Master' or 'Enable' codes. These are not necessary for PCSX2 and you don't have to add these to your PNACH file. You can recognize these codes by the fact that they commonly start with 9 or F. But it's generally always there in the code description as well.

For now the only way to enable/disable codes is by reopening the pnach file and commenting out a code that you want disabled. Someone was working on a tool that allows you to easily turn on and off codes though. (see here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Project-U...-for-PCSX2). But unfortunately it's not finished yet. And I'm not sure if that person is still working on it now.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Is getting the Name for the .pnach the same in version 1.4 as it was shown in the OP?