• Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 GHz (3.4 GHz Turbo) CPU
  • NVidia GeForce GT 750M 2GB Dedicated VGA
  • Intel HD 4600 Standard Integrated VGA
  • 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance RAM Modules
  • 1 TB Standard Seagate HDD Storage Device
  • PCSX2 1.2.1 - r5927 Using Only Plugins Packed With Release
  • PS2 2006 2.20 BIOS Dump

SITUATION:
First of all I'd like to let it clear that I'm aware about the common emulation issues from the game. So let's begin; I'll try to simplify by turning my "quest for goodness" into a little timeline:
  1. Tried to run the game with GSDx AVX Plugin, Direct3D11 Hardware setting, Native resolution and standard settings except 8-bit textures, which I left enabled; SPUX2 Audio Plugin with XAudio 2 Module and TimeStretch sync setting.
  2. OUTPUT: Bizarre ground texture glitches (which later I became aware were related to the Hardware setting on GSDx) which caused slowdows also in the sound output. Google for help.
  3. (By this time I'm aware of the most common issues and "possible work-arounds") Audio issue fixed by changing sync setting to Async Mix. Now forward to trying Software setting on GSDx, all standard settings, 3 extra rendering threads (Changes nothing).
  4. OUTPUT: graphics seem fixed, but running on 30 or less FPS. What the sincere *****.
  5. Back to the lab again. Tried every manner of combination from GSDx settings to emulation settings and speedhacks.
  6. OUTPUT: Graphics still glitched on Hardware mode, Framerate still stuck at 30/less on Software mode. More aggressive settings obviously caused incompatibility issues (Including the bizarre Vertical Black lines), so scratch those.
  7. Heard about the "possible mipmaps workaround" for the Hardware setting. It's unreal. The closest I could get to it was set the Negative LOD Bias to "Clamp" on NVidia Control Panel.
  8. OUTPUT: Surprise. No changes.
  9. Sadness.
I looked everywhere on PCSX2/General Emulation Forums, and I can't find a real workaround for this specific issue. I mean, the software setting should work, the i5 is brand new and it's pretty decent... Right ?
Can anyone help me on this one ? Am I missing something that doesn't allow me to properly play on software setting ? Is there an applyable workaround for the hardware setting ? Do I have to use a different Graphs Plugin ? Perhaps on Linux ? AC5 is possibly my favorite game ever... Please help me on this one guys !

If there's any additional information needed I'll provide promptly.
Thanks in advance for the attention.

Sponsored links

It's a speed problem, then.

What kind of I5 model you have exactly ? because 2.5 ghz is a bit low for pcsx2, especially in software mode.
can you please post the emulog.txt when you run it ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Don't know if this is already included in 'Tried every manner of combination':

You might gain some fps by selecting superVU and setting rounding and clamping to nearest and none. But this can break the game as well.

You can also change extra rendering threads +-1 or even +-2 depending on your cpu. Maybe 3 isn't the best setting for you.
DETAILED GPU INFO:
[Image: H0orNu3.gif]

DETAILED CPU INFO:
[Image: QB47vZR.gif]

EMULOG DATA:
***Started game and played a random tutorial mission, enough to stress the rendering devices. Runnin on software setting with 3 extra rendering threads***

PCSX2 1.3.0.r5927 - compiled on Mar 23 2014
Savestate version: 0x9a0a0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft (build 9200), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 7916 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 2.493 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 7fdafbbf
x86EFlags = 2c100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX.. FMA

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS: C:\Program Files (x86)\pcsx2-5932-windows-x86\plugins\GSdx32-AVX-
r5932.dll
(GameDB) 9653 games on record (loaded in 166ms)
Windows 6.2.9200
Binding PAD: C:\Program Files (x86)\pcsx2-5932-windows-x86\plugins\LilyPad-
r5822.dll
Binding SPU2: C:\Program Files (x86)\pcsx2-5932-windows-x86\plugins\SPU2-X-r5893.dll
Binding CDVD: C:\Program Files (x86)\pcsx2-5932-windows-x86\plugins\cdvdGigaherz-
r5822.dll
Binding USB: C:\Program Files (x86)\pcsx2-5932-windows-x86\plugins\USBnull-
r5822.dll
Binding FW: C:\Program Files (x86)\pcsx2-5932-windows-x86\plugins\FWnull-r5822.dll
Binding DEV9: C:\Program Files (x86)\pcsx2-5932-windows-x86\plugins\DEV9null-
r5822.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Windows 6.2.9200
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
* CDVD: Opening drive '\\.\D:'...
* CDVD: IO thread started...
* CDVD: Disk Type: Double-Layer DVD
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 2) (2168320 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0: C:\Program Files (x86)\pcsx2-5932-windows-x86\memcards\Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1: C:\Program Files (x86)\pcsx2-5932-windows-x86\memcards\Mcd002.ps2
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Bios Found: USA v02.20(10/02/2006) Console
BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_208.51;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_208.51;1) Game CRC = 0x39B574F0, EntryPoint = 0x0031C138
comment: Rearranging COP2 instructions that use old results
(GameDB) Patches Loaded: 4
Closing plugins...
Closing DEV9
Closing FW
Closing USB
Closing CDVD
* CDVD: IO thread finished.
Closing SPU2
Closing PAD
Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
Decommitting host memory for virtual systems...
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset

***End of Document***

PS:
SuperVU recompiler alternative on emulation options actually make the execution slightly slower.
Also, I don't believe it would make sense for me to use more extra rendering threads on software settings, since i5 has only 4 logical active processing threads...
[Image: NdNAAXo.gif]
Oh and by the way guys, I'm so sorry I took so long the respond. You guys were so quick but unfortunately I got caught up in appointments... Even if this comes out unsolved, I really appreciate the attention.
Thank you guys very much Laugh
I see.
Make sure you select the proper rendering device in gsdx options.
But i think the problem here is your CPU.
a dual core @2.5 Ghz won't cut it.
especially in software mode.

Oh, and set your windows power plan to high performance, and make sure you're not running on batteries.
Yeah, I kinda had the feeling it was speed related...
On hardware mode it runs very smoothly, considering the the ugly ground textures glitch and the negligible slowdowns caused by it...
I don't suppose there's a real workaround while using hardware settings, is there ???

Nevertheless, it caps at 59 FPS 99% of the playtime, and I can live with silly texture bugs. It's an amazing game...

Also, I'd like to add that, for some weird reason, I read your posts picturing Jamarcus' voice... You know, that character from "The Watch" flick (2012)
[Image: character_jamarcus.gif]

BiggrinBiggrinBiggrin
(05-27-2014, 01:38 AM)Mohawk Wrote: Also, I'd like to add that, for some weird reason, I read your posts picturing Jamarcus' voice... You know, that character from "The Watch" flick (2012)

BiggrinBiggrinBiggrin

Yeah, i saw this one (didn't really like it, since I'm not a fan of US humor Sad )
Richard Aoyade is definitely better when he plays Morris Moss Wink
IS THERE an available hardware patch or workaround for the mipmaps problem? I run an Intel Core i5-4200M @ 2.5GHz, which runs a solid 30-40 FPS on software mode (3 additional rendering threads for me, everything else on default, Emulation Settings also all standard, MTVU Hacks enabled) and that isn't exactly "playable" I'd say, given how PCSX2 Emulates PS2 Hardware processing...

I'm just asking because I've seen @refraction mention an available patch for Hardware setting in some random thread, but the fix remains to be found, after days of research...

So, have I any hope for a brighter future or am I stuck with the "Bizarre Ground Textures"/"Poor Game Processing" choice eternally? (Or, you know, Until I acquire a new CPU...)

...There is no hardware mode patch, is there ???

...The Feels, man...

...I guess it's time for new hardware...

...Life is Hard...
(05-28-2014, 09:22 AM)Mohawk Wrote: IS THERE an available hardware patch or workaround for the mipmaps problem? I run an Intel Core i5-4200M @ 2.5GHz, which runs a solid 30-40 FPS on software mode (3 additional rendering threads for me, everything else on default, Emulation Settings also all standard, MTVU Hacks enabled) and that isn't exactly "playable" I'd say, given how PCSX2 Emulates PS2 Hardware processing...

I'm just asking because I've seen @refraction mention an available patch for Hardware setting in some random thread, but the fix remains to be found, after days of research...

So, have I any hope for a brighter future or am I stuck with the "Bizarre Ground Textures"/"Poor Game Processing" choice eternally? (Or, you know, Until I acquire a new CPU...)

...There is no hardware mode patch, is there ???

...The Feels, man...

...I guess it's time for new hardware...

...Life is Hard...
the patch refraction posted is a fix for the collision bugs.
Mipmapping isn't imlemented in gsdx hardware mode. it would need a full rewrite of the plugin.

better get back to your ps2 until you can afford a better CPU