Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFTER SANDY BRIDGE , NEEDNEW RIG SUGGESTION PLS
I am waiting until Revised Edition of Sandy Bridge arrives...
Has it arrived yet??

My Earlier Dream Rig SPecs were:-

Processor--Core i7 2600k (Suggest any comparison if available)
Motherboard--Gigabyte p 67 (Earlier one) ( Suggest New one if Launched)
(CAn spend Upto 275 $)
GPU--Need ADvice on GPU (Can Spend upto 275 $)
SMPS--Minimum 700 W (Suggest Brand)
Cooler-- Noctua NH D-14 (I Like this one, But is it compatible with new one also tell if any new ones)
[Image: wipe_b10.gif]

Sponsored links

dont upgrade now
wait for Ivy bridge not sandy it is going to have much better performance
Sandy Bridge E is going to be major expensive. You're probably looking at just $500+ for CPU and motherboard. You're better of spending the funds elsewhere - SSD, better GPU (or another one for CrossFire/SLI), etc.

As abdo123 mentioned, just wait for Ivy Bridge in Q1'12.
Has anyone else read that Ivy Bridge is supposed to be LGA1155 compatible?
Why not wait for what comes after ivy bridge, or after that even? There is always gonna be better stuff at the horizon. That doesnt really help if one wants to upgrade now though.

Sandy bridge has great performance for pcsx2, and is very reasonably priced. @OP, with revised edition do you mean the sata2 problem on the motherboards? If so, then yes those are out, should be labeled "Rev B3".

Edit: I might have misread, the OP is waiting for Ivy Bridge?
Also @Rezard I read "Bridge processors will be backwards compatible with the Sandy Bridge platform." on wikipedia. Sounds like 1155 compatibility to me.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
Cool. Good to know I'm not crazy (I think I saw it on Wiki, too).

Yeah, I think rahul simply wasn't aware that the B3 revisions were out yet.

IMO - Just go with a 2500K and save $100 for now, then put that towards a future Ivy Bridge CPU. There will possibly even be full-blown 8 core processors, as I understand there will be no dual cores on the low-end.
I'm always telling people to wait for Haswell. It potentially has the generation gap potential the difference from Pre-Netburst to Netburst had.

TBH my suggestions are to either:

a. Wait for Bulldozer and see the performance (If you have a decent LGA775 or better Comp already)
b. Grab a 2500K
c. Wait for Ivy Bridge
d. Wait till Haswell (If you can wait that long. I sure can.)
[Image: 1817164.png]
E8400 @ Stock, 4GB DDR3-1066, XFX HD4670, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
E5700 @ 4GHz, ASUS P5Q-EM DO, 2GB DDR2-1002, Coolermaster Elite 460W
(05-08-2011, 02:26 AM)Rezard Wrote: IMO - Just go with a 2500K and save $100 for now, then put that towards a future Ivy Bridge CPU. There will possibly even be full-blown 8 core processors, as I understand there will be no dual cores on the low-end.

Nah. Intel already said no 8 cores on LGA-1155.
8 Cores is coming after Ivy Bridge I believe (In Haswell)
And yes I've read that Ivy Bridge will be LGA 1155 compatible.
[Image: 1817164.png]
E8400 @ Stock, 4GB DDR3-1066, XFX HD4670, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
E5700 @ 4GHz, ASUS P5Q-EM DO, 2GB DDR2-1002, Coolermaster Elite 460W
(05-10-2011, 02:44 PM)Secret Dragoon Wrote: 8 Cores is coming after Ivy Bridge I believe (In Haswell)
And yes I've read that Ivy Bridge will be LGA 1155 compatible.

so after it out ( if that true ) is there going to be a new edition of LGA 1155 socket mobos or any old one will work ( the old ones prices are going down )
and i saw on wiki that i7 extreme Ivy bridge is going to be LGA 2011 is that true