Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AHX File!!!
Question 
Hi!
I have this file RPGVOICE.afs and inside it has ahx files. Whenever I play some of them I hear cracking, nothing more. Do you have any idea how can I listen to an ahx file? I found a plugin for a Media Player called foo_input_hvl.dll but I don't know how to use it. I hope you can help me out here because the past 2 days have been 90% fruitless.

Sponsored links

From a quick google, supposedly you can use Winamp with an ahx plugin to play it...
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(11-12-2009, 01:10 AM)Sasuke Wrote: I found a plugin for a Media Player called foo_input_hvl.dll but I don't know how to use it.

It's for foobar2000. Just put it in foobar2000/components/, then you should be able to open that kind of file.
Ah, darn it! Guess the files I want to open are busted. I tried with Foobar2000, I even found XMPlay... somehow - no dice. There were some ahx samples that came with XMPlay and they were running fine. Oh, well! But thanks for your help, guys! Smile Thanks to you I found a neat software.
Those are adx files actually but it looks like the players can't play them correctly(the CRI module is used to play the files)

BTW why do you want to listen voices.The songs are in SOUND.AFS and the battle voices are in STREAM.AFS

You can also try adxutil

BTW I use XMPlayer to play PSF2,ADX...files
(11-12-2009, 02:56 PM)vsub Wrote: Those are adx files actually but it looks like the players can't play them correctly(the CRI module is used to play the files)

BTW why do you want to listen voices.The songs are in SOUND.AFS and the battle voices are in STREAM.AFS

You can also try adxutil

BTW I use XMPlayer to play PSF2,ADX...files

Why do I want to listen voices? Huh 'Cuz they rock! Biggrin I know about the music and battle voices but the problem is that the jutsu voices, the ones said ingame, aren't there! I think they're in RPGVOICE.afs. In it there's a list of afs files like hero##.afs, orig##.afs, mast##.afs, jutsu##.afs and so on. Inside those afs files are the ahx files. Anyway, just tried that adxutil(a handy util). I extracted some of the ahx files and opened them with VLC(by default) but they may be *.bin files, I don't know, that what I see in brackets under the file name. Result: nothing, no error, no nothing. If these files are really busted then how come they work in the game? Glare
They are not busted,they are just maded in some way that only the PS2 can play them correctly(I've encounter a lot of those in other games)

The problem is that all of the programs that you tried can't correctly read the file
(11-14-2009, 12:48 AM)vsub Wrote: They are not busted,they are just maded in some way that only the PS2 can play them correctly(I've encounter a lot of those in other games)

The problem is that all of the programs that you tried can't correctly read the file

Argh! Those b******s! They want me to play their games so I can listen to the voices? Then I won't play them at all! Angry ... but then again, it is fun... Mellow ... They should be thankful to me for playing their lousy awesome stupid cool games! Glare
Say, vsub, since all this is about audio let me ask you something. You know how some shows are dubbed in different languages. The original voices are removed leaving the Music/SFX intact - how do they do it? Is it a "magical" software, lots of them or they do this kinda stuff in recording studios with special audio tweaking toys we, mortal people, don't have?
Well it's simple...voices,music and SFX are created separately and after that combined.The original only music/sfx/voices are not deleted.
(11-14-2009, 03:53 AM)vsub Wrote: Well it's simple...voices,music and SFX are created separately and after that combined.The original only music/sfx/voices are not deleted.

Yeah, I know but how exactly do they perfectly remove/mute or whatever the original dub? This isn't about games but shows, animes. I know how it is in games, they just change/add the audio files + a different language option probably and maybe a few more things.