AMD A8-3500m SSE3 Support Question
I have an AMD A8-3500m processor in my laptop. I checked it on google and using PCWizard and both say that this processor does support SSE3 instructions. Every time I try to change to SSE3 in PCSX2 though it tells me that my processor does not support it. Could someone please help me with this?

CPU: AMD A8-3500M
RAM: 6GB

On a separate note I have tried to play Dynasty Warriors 4 Extreme Legends and when there are a lot of troops on the screen the FPS drops way down. I know that is to be expected however, it drops to the point that it is like going in slow motion. I have turned my settings down to the lowest setting (in PCSX2 and integrated video card). I am still getting familiar with PCSX2 so I don't know if I turned ALL of the settings to the fastest possible setting. When a lot of troops are on the field I get usually 2x FPS. What I would like to know is if there is any combination of settings that will allow me to play this game with better fps or is this processor not capable of handling this game?

Sponsored links

It supports SSE3, but the instruction PCSX2 uses is SSSE3 (note the extra S) they are entirely unrelated.

As that is a quad core you should try the latest SVN and activate the MTVU hack/try software mode with additional threads, raise the speedhacks a notch etc
I see I overlooked the third S. Thanks for the suggestions I will try them.
What is the gpu you are using exactly???
Intel core i5 3210m @3.1ghz
Nvidia Geforce GT650m 2Gb DDR5 (Core:975mhz/Memory:1000mhz)Cool
8Gb DDR3 1600hmz Ram
1Tb Hdd
1600x900 Hd resolutionBiggrin
Windows 8.1 64bit
Radeon HD 6620G of course.
(06-27-2012, 08:57 AM)Livy Wrote: Radeon HD 6620G of course.

why ofcourse it could be that he is using an external one ... although it is a laptop
The A8-3500M is an APU which has a built-in Radeon HD 6620G GPU.

... unless he has another discrete video card running in Xfire mode with the 6620G.
sorry i meant external not internal ( Goofy me )

and yep that is exactly what i meant ...