AMD CPU recommendations?
Should just get Phenom ii 955 and invest in an aftermarket cooler to overclock that sucker.

Sponsored links

black edition x2 550/555 is enought to run pcsx2 smoothly since it's had L3 cache 6mb.just run mild oc
(03-24-2010, 05:41 AM)^KamilskaZ^ Wrote: black edition x2 550/555 is enought to run pcsx2 smoothly since it's had L3 cache 6mb.just run mild oc

Yes. I have Phenom II X2 550 BE performs great for PCSX2! most games run full speed with just the default recommended speed hacks and quiet a few even at 1360x768 res, run full speed. Even greater FPS is achieved via over-clocking and unlocking hidden cores..but I've kept it to standard config due to over-heating issues, as I have only stock cooling.

(03-24-2010, 05:41 AM)^KamilskaZ^ Wrote: black edition x2 550/555 is enought to run pcsx2 smoothly since it's had L3 cache 6mb.just run mild oc

Yes. I have Phenom II X2 550 BE performs great for PCSX2! most games run full speed with just the default recommended speed hacks and quiet a few even at 1360x768 res, run full speed. Even greater FPS is achieved via over-clocking and unlocking hidden cores..but I've kept it to standard config due to over-heating issues, as I have only stock cooling

here are my oc'ed specs
[Image: 806844.png]+ ATI RADEON HD 4200
Click image for Prev. rigs Cool
[Image: MYNEWPCGII.png]
i have the opinion of amd processors for emulation programs and that is ''meh'' i had a 965 at 3.8 ghz and it still would barely hold fullspeed in dragonquest 8.

now with my new and improved INTEL system (i5 @4.0ghz, suckers!!xD) i can run any game without slowdowns.. or atleast i have yet to see one (even shadow of the collosus with 3x resolution is 60 fps Ohmy)

so if i where you get an i3 those are the cheapest duocores with maximum power oc it to 4.0ghz and your set for all emulators.

if switching mobo isnt an option for you.. then just stick with an amd phenomx2 550 or higher (who knows when amd is releasing the new chips...) oc it to 3.8 or 4.0 ghz depending on your mobo and you should be fine with the ''standard'' games for pcsx2 (not including, dq8, rogue galaxy, valkyrie profile, gt4, etc tec, you know heavy games xd)
(03-24-2010, 03:52 AM)kirisame Wrote: The most expensive AMD chip I can find:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819103727

Even though it is still cheaper than my C2Q, but Intel's products are usually overpriced, this Phenom should be a beast Smile

You do realize that even your existing Q9550 is better than that Phenom, right?

@ufoman
Seriously, now's a pretty bad time to buy. AM3, LGA-1156 and LGA-1366 are at the end of their life. AMD has already announced Bulldozer will be on AM3+ so anything you buy now, you can't really upgrade and unfortunately AMD's just lagging behind Intel in IPC at the moment. Performance-wise, best option is an overclocked i5-750/760 and even then, it's still not fast enough to handle all games without speedhacks. Are you able to overclock your CPU a bit more? A Phenom II is an improvement but it's not really going to be that much of an improvement. Perhaps just around 10% clock for clock.
You guys realize this thread is over 7 month old he probably bought as new cpu already.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(11-06-2010, 11:46 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: You guys realize this thread is over 7 month old he probably bought as new cpu already.

Argh, no. Replied on the iPhone and it's kinda hard to notice dates when browsing from that. What is it with grave diggers?