Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMD FX Support?
I currently have a fx6100 cpu and a Radeon 6950 whenever i run pcsx2 i notice that all the work is being done mostly by one of my 6 core. I have the multicore setting enabled in speed up hacks but it doesn't help very much. Is it possible you could add an option to fix this?

Sponsored links

depends on the game.
anyways, that won't use more than 3 cores, and you'll get quite bad performances with that CPu.
AMD bulldozer has been proved to perform badly under pcsx2 and gaming in general.
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
(02-05-2013, 06:07 AM)jesalvein Wrote: depends on the game.
anyways, that won't use more than 3 cores, and you'll get quite bad performances with that CPu.
AMD bulldozer has been proved to perform badly under pcsx2 and gaming in general.

Not trying to start an AMD vs Intel fight here but i can play any game you can on max setting with no problems. The problem is not that its a bad cpu its that its only utilizing one of my six cores not all of them which is why it bad.
actually, pcsx2 uses 2 cores
a 3rd core may be used if you ticked MTVU hack, AND the game you're playing uses a lot of VUs.
Apart from that, you can still use software mode and set gsdx extar rendering threads to 4 or 5. That could help in your case.
which game are you trying to play, BTW ?
and :
Quote:but i can play any game you can on max setting with no problems
which games are you talking about ?
Im trying to play burnout 3. My computer can handle playing pc games like Crysis 2 on max setting so i know my pc has the power i just cant figure out why its not play this game very well when i discovered it not using my cpu full potential.
Er...
Crysis 2 isn't a PS2 game.

Or you're just trying to compare native PC games with emulated PS2 games, which is a complete nonsense...
Burnout 3 is REALLY more demanding than Crysis 2.

And yes,it's highly possible the MTVU hack isn't very useful in this particular game.
what do the EE% & GS% say in the title bar when you get slowdowns ?
(02-05-2013, 07:07 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Er...
Crysis 2 isn't a PS2 game.

Or you're just trying to compare native PC games with emulated PS2 games, which is a complete nonsense...
Burnout 3 is REALLY more demanding than Crysis 2.

And yes,it's highly possible the MTVU hack isn't very useful in this particular game.
what do the EE% & GS% say in the title bar when you get slowdowns ?

EE is close to max and GS about 50%
means your cpu is struggling, then.
you'll need to use some speedhacks, or use the extra threads trick i mentioned.
(02-05-2013, 07:16 AM)jesalvein Wrote: means your cpu is struggling, then.
you'll need to use some speedhacks, or use the extra threads trick i mentioned.

Ok but is there not a 64bit version of PCSX2 because it seems to be a 32bit program because my cpu works better with multi tread enabled software.
no.
pcsx2 is 32 bits only.
A 64 bits version would be unuseful anyways, since pcsx2 doesn't use a lot of RAM, and the PS didn't use 64 bits instructions.