AMD Phenom II 975 doesn't support sse3/4?
As far as I know my processor should be able to take advantage of the sse3 and sse4 instruction sets but, PCSX2 says that it cannot.

Is PCSX2 actually correct in assuming that my processor doesn't support any higher than sse2? It's fairly new, and according to what I was able to find online, it should.

If PCSX2 is actually wrong, is there any way I can enable the other video plugins?

Sponsored links

Your CPU supports SSE3 and SSE4a, but PCSX2 supports only SSSE3 and SSE4.1 Tongue different things, often confused by green people as same.
SSEes including the numbers has a different spelling between AMD and Intel...ppl w/ sharp eyes they know what they pick the right CPU brand.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Despite the similarity of the names, SSE3 is unrelated to SSSE3 and the same is true for SSE4a and SSE4.1.
AMD has to date not implemented the SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instruction sets on any of their CPUs.
Therefore the recommended GSdx version for AMD users is the SSE2 one.

There is a minor speed loss, but it is only about 10% overall.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ahh, I see. Those names are really similar, it's no wonder I got confused.

Thanks for the help, as long as it's not going to make a huge difference I suppose it doesn't matter.
(08-23-2011, 02:06 AM)Furmen Wrote: Ahh, I see. Those names are really similar, it's no wonder I got confused.

Thanks for the help, as long as it's not going to make a huge difference I suppose it doesn't matter.
Intel latest CPUs (1st/2nd gen i series models) is SIGNIFICANTLY better than AMD's offer when it comes to PCSX2, however the main reason for that is not instruction set, but the performance gap in single-threaded operation, which is AMD's weakness(how many years since K10's initial release?).
Another point is that intel follows the Float Op spec more indepth than AMD, which PCSX2 takes advantage of with Intel cpu's.
(08-23-2011, 03:53 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: Another point is that intel follows the Float Op spec more indepth than AMD, which PCSX2 takes advantage of with Intel cpu's.

Intel CPUs don't follow the spec better, they both follow it the same; performance-wise however, Intel CPUs get a significant speedup with DaZ + FtZ flags whereas AMD cpu's don't get as big of a speedup.
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
(08-23-2011, 01:17 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Your CPU supports SSE3 and SSE4a, but PCSX2 supports only SSSE3 and SSE4.1 Tongue different things, often confused by green people as same.

when listing application support, you should use Requires instead of Supports.
(08-23-2011, 06:47 AM)cottonvibes Wrote: Intel CPUs don't follow the spec better, they both follow it the same; performance-wise however, Intel CPUs get a significant speedup with DaZ + FtZ flags whereas AMD cpu's don't get as big of a speedup.

thats not how Jake tells it.

Quote:It has to do with the fact that AMD chose not to support "Denormals Are Zero" optimizations. Intel chose to support this feature of the IEEE 754 floating point standard, which is a mode the PS2 itself utilizes; and it yields significant speedups in many games.

So yeah, Intel follows the standard more closely than AMD.
(08-24-2011, 01:14 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: So yeah, Intel follows the standard more closely than AMD.

And soo yeah you would die without having last word and showing yourself as the smartest guy under the sun(even if it would be night). :X

PS. PCSX2 doesn't "require" SSSE3 nor SSE4.1 if we talk about facts and truth.