AMD help
Ok so....My CPU (AMD Phenom II x4 830 @ 3.2ghz ) Can support sse3...even sse4a but why in the hell is pcsx 2 saying my cpu dosent?

Anyone want to help me by telling my the right direction or helping me get a plugin that wont give me that problem? XD

Sponsored links

PCSX2 makes use of MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSSE3( 3 'S' It Intel's only instruction), SSE4.1.

Pcsx2 makes use of SSE4.1 and SSSE3 and not SSE3 and SSE4a. So AMD CPUs have that disadvantage.

So you have to use GSDX SSE2 Only. Sigh... no other choice. Sad
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
*IGNORETHIS* Replyed to late.
Nope.. not until now. SSE4a may have very few instruction that are none usefull for pcsx2.
(10-29-2011, 10:34 AM)recoder Wrote: PCSX2 makes use of MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSSE3( 3 'S' It Intel's only instruction), SSE4.1.

Pcsx2 makes use of SSE4.1 and SSSE3 and notSSE3 and SSE4a. So AMD CPUs have that disadvantage.

So you have to use GSDX SSE2 Only. Sigh... no other choice. Sad

Guhhhhh That so sucks ;_;
Better sit with SSE2. Anyways, it won't run that slow too. Smile
Eh....It tried tekken tag it went pooo....Ether im not setting it up right or it just suck XD

Any recmendations I do on the GS plugin?

I do have a GeForce GTS 450
Tekken games are very demanding(highly CPU) in nature. 3.2Ghz maybe is low for the game.
Download new pcsx2 here : pcsx2 SVN
The site is pcsx2.net/svn.php

Try Speedhacks :-

Enable EE to 2 and VU to 2. all the reccomended speedhacks. Enable MTVU Hack. (might give a boost)

enable/disable allow 8-bit Texture. See which one works.

Set the power plan to High Performance

At last if nothing works frameskip. Its not reccomended as it can give a lot of glitches or very bad frames. But some games work perfectly fine with this.
Lol alright thanks Ill try that in the morning
its not the SSE that makes the majority of different though.

even with SSE4.1, AMD would be (Is in bulldozer) much slower compared to intel at the same clocks.