Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATI HD 4870 X2
I'm running PCSX2 and currently playing FFXII right now, getting around 112fps-150fps however..according to EVGA Precision, only one GPU is being used...I know in window mode sure, it's going to use one..but fullscreen should fix that right? Also, sometimes Alt+Enter fullscreens, but slows down the emulator as if it's just blowing the window, I'll go into my plugin settings, do nothing and resume play and Alt-Enter and everythings A-OK...Hope I get some feedback on something....(I tried exclusive fullscreen *not sure what ..same thing, only one GPU used) and various other options...I'm getting around 90fps with a D3D internal res of 2048 x 2048..but slows down to around 50fps in the menu (in 2048 x 2048)..no idea why, it's a game menu. >_>) I'm sure I'de get up to higher FPS with both GPUs working together...

Sponsored links

to get both gpu used, pcsx2 has to manage crossfire.
It's not the case ATM
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
(08-24-2010, 08:33 AM)jesalvein Wrote: to get both gpu used, pcsx2 has to manage crossfire.
It's not the case ATM

So PCSX2 cannot use crossfire? Hm..I thought crossfire managed itself...and anything that uses the GPU at all would split workload between the two...Star Wars Battlefront (PC) does that and I think it pre's the crossfire technology. >_> I could be wrong ofcourse...
PCSX2 does not support SLI so I don't think you will get that working (and even if you do, it will probably make 0 difference)
The full screen issue you describe is strange, not sure what's up there...
Slowdown in menu should be because you checked 'Allow 8 bit textures' in GSdx, try disabling that.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-24-2010, 08:37 AM)Bositman Wrote: PCSX2 does not support SLI so I don't think you will get that working (and even if you do, it will probably make 0 difference)
The full screen issue you describe is strange, not sure what's up there...
Slowdown in menu should be because you checked 'Allow 8 bit textures' in GSdx, try disabling that.

Not checked actually...I thought that was why and unchecked it..it actually makes no difference at all on the FPS for me. I'm using the PCSX2 0.9.7.3113 if that helps.

And I guess I'm wrong about Crossfire, had no idea it was software dependent... Odd though I guess. Thanks for the information!
Now just a question: Are you aware PCSX2 emulates PS2 that is a console game tied with TV standards, right?

If for some reason the intention is to use the emulator as a benchmark tool that concern with highest FPS is understandable.
But if it's to actually play the game the goal is achieving the nominal FPS by all means at disposal, and it means 50FPS for PAL and 60FPS for NTSC games.

It's not the same as PC games where the motion perception is independent on the FPS above the eye threshold. In PC games high FPS is useful, mainly in fast paced "FPS" (First Person Shooter) games, because it means better pointer accuracy and increased general system response in time. Just it's not valid for console games, the motion perception is tightly matched (synchronized) with the FPS and being outside the standard is translated by slow motion or being too fast.

With that in mind and considering SLI and Crossfire are normally done over already above the "optimal" specification cards for the typical PS2 graphic needs... I think implementing it is hardily a priority for the devs ATM Smile

PS: Notice than for the devs, the raw FPS value helps to measure it's overall performance on several different cards but mainly as a measure for optimizations. PCSX2 becomes indeed a benchmark tool of sorts but the purpose is different from common benchmarks since it's not meant to measure the overall system but a benchmark of itself.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I updated my video card drivers....I'm getting 99% usage from GPU1 and 26% usage on GPU2! To my discovery, the card doesn't use Crossfire X but the integrated crossfire inside the hardware...since the card is in one slot. The drivers were the problem in this particular scenario.
Wait.. what?
CPU: i7 930 @ 2.8GHz(Everyday)/3.6GHz(Gaming)/4.0GHz(Encoding)
GPU: Geforce GTX 480 @ 850MHz/1001MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
RAM: 2x3 6GB OCZ @ 1527MHz 8-8-8-24
try using RadeonPro, setting up a new profile and set the MVU to alternate frame rendering... Works for my two 5770's