ATTENTION refraction....
Thank you VERY much for your work on the PS2 OutRun2 games! It fixed my import Japanese version of OutRun 2SP, which had a crashing problem as well as the graphics which used to get all messed up!

How did you pull this off? Amazing! Refraction, I have an AMD 5870 and anything at 3x or above internal res doesn't give me a rock solid 60fps all the time. Would you say upgrading to an nVidia 680 would allow me to run the game at 6x internal res and still maintain a rock 60fps?

Also, which speed hacks do you recommend I turn on/leave off?

Thanks again man you ROCK!!! :rock: :bow: :banana: :notworthy: :slave:

Sponsored links

Thank you for your kind words ;p

I was actually just fixing up some stuff after a huge change, it actually used to work back in 0.9.7 (or should have, not sure if it was glitchy). so, yeh, thanks Tongue

The main thing you need for the higher resolutions is more video memory, so the more you have, the higher you can go, but higher res wil be slower speed. I believe the pixel rate on the Nvidia card is much faster however, so you might notice better speeds at similar resolutions.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thanks mate! My AMD 5870 is getting a bit long in the tooth, and only has 1gb of VRAM. I suspect with a 2gb nVidia 680 I should see a lot better performance at 6x internal. Let me ask you this.... the nVidia 690 SLI card has 4Gb of VRAM, but the VRAM is split in two for each graphics chip. Does PCSX2 utilize all 4GB across both chips, or just 2gb? And would a 2gpu sli card yield better performance in pcsx2 over a single chip card?

Anyway I will keep testing it out and let you know what other issues or bugs I may find. The game tends to stutter every now and then, and there's a split second pause upon wrecking or crashing into the wall, but otherwise it's OK.

The main thing, is that the game, when cranked up to 5x or 6x internal res, although slow, actually looks on par if not better than the real PC version of the game in some areas!! That's bananas!!! The PC version looks great, but I cannot STAND it! In fact I downright HATE it!!! It's due to all the bugs it has! It's a very poor port of the game. It doesn't even have rumble or force feedback support(which the PS2 Japanese version does), and the overall controller support is abysmal. The PC version is a terrible terrible TERRIBLE port!

The PC version also has very long loading times, and it takes AGES to load and get onto the race track. But not so with PCSX2!!! Because of PCSX2, I can now play the game on my PC very quickly by simply clicking on PCSX2 and loading the ISO and then a save state which puts me right at the very start of the race! It's VERY refreshing to be able to load it this quickly! Plus with Lilypad, I get very strong rumble and EXCELLENT analog steering, both of which are non-existant on the PC version.

You guys are GODS!!! Thanks so much!!!!
Yeh Outrun is most likely ported to PC from the PS2 version (much like resident evil 4) so cranking up the res should bring it at least on par with it.

As for SLi, for that to work we would need nvidia to make a profile for us, as they haven't/won't, SLi is actually damaging to PCSX2's performance, so avoid it where possible. This includes double cards like the 690.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-25-2012, 03:49 PM)refraction Wrote: Yeh Outrun is most likely ported to PC from the PS2 version (much like resident evil 4) so cranking up the res should bring it at least on par with it.

As for SLi, for that to work we would need nvidia to make a profile for us, as they haven't/won't, SLi is actually damaging to PCSX2's performance, so avoid it where possible. This includes double cards like the 690.

Ahh I gotcha. Thanks.
Hi Refraction.

I've been getting back into PCSX2 and started up OutRun 2 today. The game plays good and I'm getting 60fps all the time, but I get horrible bouts of stuttering while driving. Occurs at about every 5-10 seconds, seems to occur more upon car collisions with other cars and the guard rails.

My settings are as follows

>>>>>
**Gsdx 5464**

Renderer: Direct3D11
Interlacing: Auto
Scaling 5x Native
Texture filtering=1
Allow 8bit textures=1
Enable HW Hacks=1
Skipdraw = 4
Anti Aliasing=0
Everything else unchecked/disabled
>>>>>>

**Emulation**

EE/IOP:
Emotion Engine=Recompiler | IOP=Recompiler | Round Mode=Chop | Clamping=full

VUs:
Round Mode=Chop | Clamping=Extra

GS: Framelimiter=Unchecked | Frame skipping=Disabled

Speedhacks: Enabled | EE Cyclerate=2 | VU Cycle stealing=0 | All boxes below are checked

Game Fixes=unchecked

PC Specs: Windows 7 64bit Ultimate | Intel Core i7 950 OC'ed @ 4.0Ghz | nVidia GTX680 4Gb | 6GB DDR3 ram | 2TB HDD

Can you please check into this and see why the game stutters so often? Kinda ruins the gameplay a bit Sad What changes can I make that may help?