About SVN Builds
Just one question. Many SVN builds are made from an official version.
Like r5769, r5770...

Is r5770 a testbuild of the last stable build or is it based on r5769? So that every new revision which comes after the last stable version is it own independent version? Or has the last revision every improvement of all the revision in it?
. Win 7 Prof. 64bit .
. 8GB OCZ DDR3-1333 RAM .
. Zotac GTX 580 AMP .
. AMD Phenom x4 965 .
. 64GB OCZ MLC SSD .

PS: Forgive my english. I´m german. Unsure

Sponsored links

Its the last SVN with what changes where listed on the SVN page aka this one http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html

Meaning they just change the source code and then rebuild. Hence why some builds break games.
I still don't get it :-<
Are all changes, listed on the development site, present in the last build available?
. Win 7 Prof. 64bit .
. Zotac GTX 580 AMP .
. AMD Phenom x4 965 .
. 64GB OCZ MLC SSD .

The changes can be seen here: https://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/list
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-24-2013, 11:54 AM)refraction Wrote: The changes can be seen here: https://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/list

Sorry, but this still doesn't solve my problem :-<
Like i asked above : Are all changes, listed on the development site, present in the last build available?

The reason why I ask is that I don't know much about working on a software with that many people.

When there are maybe 8 guys working on the project, how does that work?
One of them thinks: "oh today i want to work on pcsx2 some more".
What is he working on? Does he take the source code from the last SVN listed on the development site and changes it?
What if he takes it, works on it a few hours and in the meantime another guy uploads his own revision. Does he implements these changes into his own svn or what? sorry for beeing so complicated, but I really wanna know how you guys (or the guys on other emulators with svn builds like dolphin) are working together.
. Win 7 Prof. 64bit .
. Zotac GTX 580 AMP .
. AMD Phenom x4 965 .
. 64GB OCZ MLC SSD .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revision_control Tongue2
You're on the right track, Yosuke30. Read up on that revision control wiki and you'll have your answers.
Alright, thanks. Well I've read it twice now and I think I got most of it.
But I would feel a houndred times better if someone could just say yes to this question:

Are all changes, listed on the development site, present in the last build available?

Laugh

(Wundert mich eh dass irgendwer außer dir rama mein "denglisch" verstanden hat Tongue )
. Win 7 Prof. 64bit .
. Zotac GTX 580 AMP .
. AMD Phenom x4 965 .
. 64GB OCZ MLC SSD .

Probably yes. The SVN builds include all of the previous changes up to the date of the build. Sometimes, however, something changes one way (i.e. get fixed) and few days later it breaks again due to another change. So obviously it can't be both fixed and broken on the same time, at which case, assuming there wasn't another change later which fixed it again, it would be broken at the SVN build.

Look at SVN builds as the latest accumulation of all the development which has been done until the date of the build, which may also include things which got broken along the way ("regressions").

When we release an "official" build, like the 1.0 release etc, then we try to make sure it has as little regressions as possible (i.e. fix the ones we know about and try not to introduce new ones towards the release).

With normal daily developments (SVN builds), while no one wants to introduce new bugs, they do sometimes creep in.
Great! Thanks a lot, now I'm happy.
. Win 7 Prof. 64bit .
. Zotac GTX 580 AMP .
. AMD Phenom x4 965 .
. 64GB OCZ MLC SSD .