About motherboards/FPS
Hello, lately I have bought a new computer but after that I discovered I have got scammed so I upgraded my video card to ATI Radeon 1gb and upgraded my rams to 4gb, I have got processor I3 3.06 GHz, currently my motherboard is G31 and it's tooo low for my processor I guess. If I bought H61 for my computer, will I get high FPS in games? currently I have a bad FPS in games likes MTA/CoD:MW2/3 so, I will be very thankful if you told me what should I buy/do to get a high FPS. Should I buy only new motherboard? (H61) Thanks in advance.
Edit: A friend of mine got 512 video card 4gb rams and i3 processor H61 motherboard and his FPS is 61 (maximum) should I just get H61?

Sponsored links

What gpu exactly did you get.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
SS: http://i.imgur.com/TKeu0ng.jpg
The motherboard should not affect the FPS beyond the capacity for overclock (sorry I can't help in this). So there is no real reason to replace it just now.

The GPU on the other hand is in the weaker side. The amount of VRAM is not a defining factor of its power. That means you should not try advanced graphics settings and it should suffice to many games.

Anyway, most probably was the sets in your friend's computer the reason for the better FPS, he might be using speedhacks what you certainly will need with most games. Begin with tinkering with EE cyclerate and VU cycle stealing, try different setups but where possible avoid the extremes.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I have my graphics card settings on the lowest and I have a ***** FPS, it's to weird for me. I asked lot of people and some told me you need disk space and actually I have 550+ empty space, and some other told me processor etc but other ones got I2 and they have 60 FPS and they aren't using hacks since there is no speed hacks in MTA/CoD. Out of that, may the PC heat be a problem? Since my normal PC heat is 60
(06-10-2014, 06:59 PM)Andrew110 Wrote: I have my graphics card settings on the lowest and I have a ***** FPS, it's to weird for me. I asked lot of people and some told me you need disk space and actually I have 550+ empty space, and some other told me processor etc but other ones got I2 and they have 60 FPS and they aren't using hacks since there is no speed hacks in MTA/CoD. Out of that, may the PC heat be a problem? Since my normal PC heat is 60

Man, I mean speedhacks for PCSX2, you find them in the Config menu under the "Emulation settings" tab.
Oh, thank you. BTW, should I buy H61? or G31 is good? Since it's too old and noone is selling it now.
(06-10-2014, 07:19 PM)Andrew110 Wrote: Oh, thank you. BTW, should I buy H61? or G31 is good? Since it's too old and noone is selling it now.

I don't think it would make any difference unless you are going to upgrade CPU as well.