Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
About pcsx2 stress on the gc

Ok so I have a question that runned down on my mind. I usually play rpg games and I play them by hours(like 5hrs at minimum) everyday. And I don't turn off my pc till 12hrs then I rest it for an hour then turn it on again. My question is, does pcsx2 stress my graphics card a lot? Im kinda worried because Im a very heavy gamer and was wondering if it heats up my system pretty quick. Need answers please. Oh and a little explanation would really help immensely.Smile
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz
Vid Card: Geforce 9400GT

Sponsored links

(09-02-2010, 02:28 PM)VaynardX Wrote: My question is, does pcsx2 stress my graphics card a lot? Im kinda worried because Im a very heavy gamer and was wondering if it heats up my system pretty quick.

Not really. If you use a very high resolution and high AA then maybe but PCSX2 stresses the CPU much more instead and if you play with frame limiter on then even less, PC games would be what you should worry about when thinking of the graphics card.

If anything have an app that can check the gpu usage and temperatures so you can check on it anytime, something like GPU-Z or MSI afterburner/EVGA precision.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
^

Im only using native resolution coz using higher resolution will rape my fps. Uhm, what does AA mean? So you mean to say that I should'nt worry about frying my graphics card with the settings I use?
Oh right, you also have a low graphics card so even if the stress was high it wouldn't really get to dangerous levels.

Yep you shouldn't worry about it, however I'd still check the temperatures from time to time just so you can be sure the cooler is still running Tongue2
AA - Anti-Aliasing, it helps smoothen jagged edges.

Anyways, you shouldn't worry about PCSX2 stressing your GPU. Even if it does, computer hardware's designed to run at 100% load 24/7 if you leave it at stock clocks. Honestly though, I've been overclocking my CPU and GPU over the years and running them 24/7 full load to render stuff, nothing bad happened at all.
CPU: i7 930 @ 2.8GHz(Everyday)/3.6GHz(Gaming)/4.0GHz(Encoding)
GPU: Geforce GTX 480 @ 850MHz/1001MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
RAM: 2x3 6GB OCZ @ 1527MHz 8-8-8-24
^

Wow, your rig's amazing mate! How much did you spend on it?@.@ I also want to overclock my pc but I don't have a good cooling system.T_T
Get a cheap aftermarket cooler like the 212+.
You can overclock the gpu a bit by using msi afterburner.
[Image: 1454055.png]
^

What is this msi afterburner?@.@
http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/
Basically it's an app to monitor, overclock and do other functions on/with the graphics card.

Google is your friend Tongue2
What Shadow lady said.
It will work on every gpu brand so ignore the msi part in the name.
[Image: 1454055.png]