About playing my Ps2 game
I got my Ps2 game finally working on Pcsx2 version 0.9.1. It was a BIN and a CUE file. So I burned them to a disc. And it worked just fine. After I burned it I played it. And I put the SYSTEM.CNF in the Select Iso under the CD/DVD plugin. But I thought that you put the iso image of the game in the Select iso. But I guess it doesn't matter. So am I doing this right or not? That's all I want to know. Well, if it is working, then it is all correct? Also, how do I fomat the memory card so it can save the game? So let me know how to do this too. Also, when I start the game up, the gameplay screen is all screwed up. I don't know why. So please let me know how to fix this. And how do I load up an MDS file? Do I put it under the Select iso? Anyway, that is all I want to know from you. So please get back to me soon. So thank you very much!

Sponsored links

I'm not even going to read this...pcsx2 0.9.1 is WAY OLD,the newest is 0.9.6
Yarrr, and a bottle 'o rum, something.....something...
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
Download either 0.9.6 official, or the latest betas from this website and use the configuration guide to correctly setup your emulator.

Using a 3+ year old version of the emulator isn't the best idea.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I have been trying to play my game, but it does not play correctly. The game loads all messed up, with lines on the screen and the gameplay is shaky. And then when I try to format the memory card, it says it formats, but then after that the emulator totally freezes up and I have to turn my computer off! Now that is not good. I tried using the newest version of Pcsx2 which is 0.9.6, but I had not luck either with this. I am sorry about this. I tried to run my game, but it said that my pixel shader was too low. But the problem is that I don't even have a pixel shader! Is there another version of Pcsx2 that I can get or should I download another ps2 emulator. Please let me know how to do this. Also, I put in SYSTEM.CNF into the select iso, under the CD/DVD plugin. Maybe I am doing something wrong! Who knows? Anyway, please get back to me and let me know what is going on with this problem I am having. For heaven sakes I should just get a pixel shader. But do you know where I can buy them for cheap? And what does it even look like, and how do you install it into your computer. Well, just tell me a little about a pixel shader for me so I know more about this. I bet I can buy one at an office store for cheap. I am so upset with this issue! I just want to play some Ps2 games already. Oh well. So get back to me soon. Once again, thank you very much! Unsure Angry
PCSX2 has a minimum requirement of a video card that supports Pixel Shader 2.0 (basically any card produced in the last 3 years or so). If your card doesn't support that, then it does not meet the minimum requirements and you'll have to upgrade.

If you are not sure, give your video card model.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Question 
So I forgot about Pcsx2 0.9.1, and I am now using version 0.9.6. So under Graphics, I changed the Renderer to Null (Software). Then I located my iso and it was on my disc. So I located that just fine. Then I went to Run CD, and it then loaded up! Then it was triying to load, and another window came up on the screen. But now there was sound and no video display. Hmm. That could actually be the pixel shader. Who knows? I have an idea. If I upgrade my computer to Vista, will it say that I have a pixel shader or not? That is what I am trying to figure out from you. Well anyway, get back to me and let me know how to fix this problem. So thanks a lot! Unsure
Null Renderer does exactly that; it renders nothing. You simply cannot run PCSX2 if you don't even meet the minimum requirements...

Pixel Shader is determined by hardware capabilities. There is NO way to 'upgrade' your Pixel shader version without buying a newer graphics card.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(11-07-2009, 05:03 AM)jordangreenberg153 Wrote: Then I located my iso and it was on my disc.

This caught my eye. The ISO file on the actual PS2 disc (if there is one, don't have a disc handy to check) is NOT the correct file to choose. Confusing, I know; you have to select the ISO you dumped that is around 8GB in size. Or in your case it's a BIN, might still work otherwise re-dump from the original disc to get a working ISO.

But if you don't have the a card with PS 2.0 it's a moot point, you're not getting off the ground without some upgrades.

e: for clarity
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Just buy new computer if you want to play pcsx2 program, your problem is unfixed able.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.