Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Additions for what's next in Pcsx2?
I was thinking of a couple features that might be neat, not vital, but maybe better and somewhat important.

For example the configurations for different games, they all need certain settings, tweaks, and plugins. Perhaps a good thing to add into the pcsx2 is for the program to maybe record the certain settings, plugins, and speed hacks for certain games, save them, and when ever you load a game, it loads those certain setting that you had for it to run smoothly. Again not a necessity, it would be a convincing feature to add.

Another would be a way to tweak native resolution. I mean it gives you a huge speed up in most games and fixes errors, and has them run near perfection. But it looks horrible, we all can't deny that bit of truth, and I was wondering if there was a way to reap the benefits of native resolution, and still keep the game looking smooth, and half decent? Discuss?

Sponsored links

just want to say it will be useful if an gsdx have a check boxes for intel gpu and ati and others..

dramatic isnt it.
Native resolution is native because it is the defined (and fixed) resolution the PS2 operates at. There's no way to change it. You could override the resolution games request of the PS2 hardware, but chances are it'd give lousy results in all but a few titles.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
We're sporadically working on a way to get near-native like correctness while still upscaling (using power of 2 multipliers and a mostly floating point math free processing chain).
Let's hope it turns out well Tongue2

The "safe settings per game" request pops up regularly, so I guess we'll have something like it sometime.
Be it via an external "launcher" tool, or some other system built into pcsx2.
But this'll be very low priority I guess..
/but native resolution doesn't look bad when you play games on a normal ps2. Why does it look bad on a pc?
(09-16-2009, 12:56 AM)Akira420 Wrote: /but native resolution doesn't look bad when you play games on a normal ps2. Why does it look bad on a pc?

thats a really good question indeed Blush
Because you dont play PS2 on a computer monitor?

If you have a good enough TV, PS2 games do look pretty bad :P
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-16-2009, 12:56 AM)Akira420 Wrote: /but native resolution doesn't look bad when you play games on a normal ps2. Why does it look bad on a pc?

Go close to your tv, check exactly how utterly crap it looks. Yep, that's native res Tongue2
in other words, ***** ps2 graphics is hidden under the blurry TV screen.
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
(09-16-2009, 03:15 AM)nataq01 Wrote: in other words, ***** ps2 graphics is hidden under the blurry TV screen.

oh now i get it,you have to get closer,¡ouch! i just smash my face on the tv lol Happy