Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice me for my new gaming rig
This is my pc now:

intel core 2 duo e6600 2.4ghz
4gb ddr2
gpu:nvidia 9800gt

It was great last few years on my 17'' monitor (1280X1024 resolution in games and ultra settings)

Im going to buy:

CPU:amd fx8120 buldozer
8GB ddr3 ram
gpu:ati HD7850 (i saw that its faster than gtx 560ti)

I am planing to buy a new 24'' monitor for greater resolutions and gaming expiriance.

1. Is this new rig capable of playing newest titles like borderlands 2 on ultra setting at high resolution?

2. Do you have any suggestions for gpu or cpu?(no intel or nvidia)

3. Is this uppgreade even nessesary?

Sponsored links

1. Hardly. Bulldozer architecture is a VERY bad Idea when it comes to gaming.
2. No. (since you said no intel or Nvidia)
3. I don't think it's worth the money. Wait a bit until you can afford an intel CPU (I7 or I5)
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
1:If you don't want to play very demanding games on pcsx2, then it would work fine.
2:Radeon HD 7870 GHZ edition. I love my two.
3:It depends, I really cannot say as I am not in your position.
My computer in my Sig will run just about anything. Maybe get a different videocard. Mine is outdated and I may go up to Geforce 660 then OC it.
MOBO - ASUS Maximus VII Hero
CPU - Intel i7 4790k 4.4GHZ
RAM - 16 Gigs DDR3 2133mhz
HDD - 3 500 Gig SSD 1 3 TB 7200 RPM
GPU - EVGA Nvidia GTX 1070 SC
OS- Windows 10.
I will just say this: Intel and Nvidia. They create much better drivers and (IMO) their hardware is better too. I will never again buy AMD/ATI.

That card that you suggested may be faster than the GTX560ti, but the bad drivers will slow it down horribly.

Clonkex
Please read my threads here about my experience with FX-4100.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-slower-fp...r-hardware

and

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-advice-fo...x-hardware

It's not that Bulldozer is bad IMHO. It works well for everyday computing. It works well on my Desmume and JPCSP emulator. It works not-so-great on PCSX2 in general. What PCSX2 needs is different from needs of common computing or other emulators. It's all in the architecture. I used to have an E5400 and it was faster than FX-4100 on my Linux PCSX2. I can't make a comparison to Windows version because I just started using Windows again only a month ago. I can tell you most games will run fine...in hardware (definitely not software) mode. Laugh And hardware mode is not yet an option for Linux.

If your heart is set on FX-8120 then at least you can devote a ton of extra software rendering threads and use MTVU hack (just not on Linux Tongue ), so it's not completely useless. It's just that Intel does run PCSX2 better.

Regarding graphics cards, I have no preference. I have used Nvidia and AMD and like them both. Here is a good website for general benchmarking results.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/
Last time i checked, AMD is still at Core 2 Duo level in term of Pcsx2 emulaton. However, it's still no match for the Q9xxx series.
(10-03-2012, 08:06 PM)Gothic 2 Beliar Wrote: This is my pc now:

intel core 2 duo e6600 2.4ghz
4gb ddr2
gpu:nvidia 9800gt

It was great last few years on my 17'' monitor (1280X1024 resolution in games and ultra settings)

Im going to buy:

CPU:amd fx8120 buldozer
8GB ddr3 ram
gpu:ati HD7850 (i saw that its faster than gtx 560ti)

I am planing to buy a new 24'' monitor for greater resolutions and gaming expiriance.

1. Is this new rig capable of playing newest titles like borderlands 2 on ultra setting at high resolution?

2. Do you have any suggestions for gpu or cpu?(no intel or nvidia)

3. Is this uppgreade even nessesary?

Bulldozer will play your games fine, yes not as well as Intel rigs but in general it will do just fine. If you want PCSX2 Intel CPUs are highly recommended.

As GTX 560 Vs HD7850. The 7850 easily stomps on the 560, they are not in the same league. The 560 doesn't have much overclocking headroom. The 7850 overclocked to 1200 MHz is about as fast as a GTX 580 while drawing half the power. Any other 560 other than the 560 448 won't cut it to reach GTX 580 speeds.
(10-03-2012, 09:56 PM)jesalvein Wrote: 1. Hardly. Bulldozer architecture is a VERY bad Idea when it comes to gaming.
2. No. (since you said no intel or Nvidia)
3. I don't think it's worth the money. Wait a bit until you can afford an intel CPU (I7 or I5)

Im getting that CPU for 3 times lower price than i5 2600k.
So you think i wont be able to play anything with that cpu?
I saw some benchmarks for hd7850 and its amazing (for its price)
I didn't say "anything".
I just say you will not have smooth gameplay if you set quality on "ultra high" (which i get with my rig)
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go