Advice on choosing games to play on PC vs PS2
Lightbulb 
This thread isn't meant to be mainly about play speed. I wanted to know if a game would benefit more from playing on PC compared to my PS2.

I was hoping the forum members might make suggestions about some games in PARTICULAR that would be better on one or the other. An example could be that memory card data from a previous game in the series can be used only with a physical PS2 memory card. ie Gamename 1's save data is loaded when playing its sequel Gamename 2. Savestates are an obvious pro, but that's the same for any game on PC.

I'm liking P3 Fes on PCSX2 because I can sstate for the shuffles and persona fusions.

Any other tips or bits of hindsight?

Sponsored links

not really. do you really think that any company would put that option if they ported the games to the pc... that is an exclusive plus of the emulators
oh, usually the pc experience will always be better compared to ps2 emulated, that not being the case of the ps2 exclusive games (playing God of War II, one of the most gorgeous games on ps2, on 1080p? yes please, sadly my computer cant use it u.u
or maybe I didnt fully understanded your question xD
well, thats kinda my stance
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
There is no particular games all the compatible ps2 games look better on pcsx2 and if you have powered enough pc you will have full speed God Of War 1,2 are a good two examples
FOKKAK MENY
Okami on PCSX2 look worse...
(08-02-2009, 02:31 PM)Emulatong Wrote: Okami on PCSX2 look worse...

In hardware mode it does because it's hard to recreate all of the effects from the original. Okami had quite unique styles and almost impossible to emulate apparently. I haven't seen software mode (or hardware mode actually...) but it works much better than hardware mode.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
(08-02-2009, 03:09 PM)Larfin_Man Wrote:
(08-02-2009, 02:31 PM)Emulatong Wrote: Okami on PCSX2 look worse...

In hardware mode it does because it's hard to recreate all of the effects from the original. Okami had quite unique styles and almost impossible to emulate apparently. I haven't seen software mode (or hardware mode actually...) but it works much better than hardware mode.

the original grapich working with software mode{but needs monster CPU to run good}
so it's not impossible at all to emulate-Screen shot from Software mod:http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8938/captureeat.jpg

and Dolphin team are working to emulate this game with their emulator for the Wii
Well I think Okami looks AMAZING even with the post-processing effects removed at 1600x1200 Smile (Yes I've also finished the game on my PS2 too)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ah, well I thought I'd ask in case people had gone through experiences where they thought "I wish I had played that on the other system".

What a strangle looking game, that Okami.
Well, not sure if you got your answer, but my take on it is that as long as your PC can handle it, almost any game will look better on PCSX2, assuming it is properly compatible both graphically and functionally. I think though, that some games, specifically ones with advanced control layouts that make you need to use almost every button and both analog sticks, are better played with an actual PS2 controller, which can be used with PCSX2 anyway as long as you have a PS2-USB converter.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
Or a logitech dual action. Some 2d games look kinda meh with it but that's sort of expected. So other then the games that don't yet work properly most should look better.