Advice please....
Good Morning All.

I hope someone with some good experience could give me some advice/guidance. 

I have spent the last week of so getting my retro gaming rig all configured, and now I'm just tweaking with settings to get the best out of each emulator, including PCSX2.

Now I'm not going to ask the ridiculous question of what's the best configuration for HD graphics etc, but I would like some guidance/suggestions.

I know my server is more than capable of running PCSX2, I got the following:

i7 Haswell quad core CPU
16GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 980 with 16GB RAM.

I've read many forums posts online about getting the best out of the shaders etc, and that using the software renderer will provide the best compatibility for running games as they were intended.

I also know that Nvidia cards can be a pain the backside with graphics issues and glitches, but I have seen what appears to be some YT videos of games running at 720p at 60 fps with older Nvidia cards.

When ever I set the renderer to be D3D11 Hardware, pretty much every game is unplayable with horrendous graphical issue, such as half the screen missing, huge vertical black lines etc...

I'm happy using PCSX2 on the Software renderer, as my rig is more than capable of running my games without any real performance impact.

I just wondered if anyone had any guidance or advise on possibly how I could utilise my GTX980, as the graphics on Native x 3 look awesome.

Thanks in advance.

dmn1981

Sponsored links

Which game(s) do you own ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Of the top of my head, Test Drive unlimited has major graphical issues, Transformers The Game and ATV off road fury 2..

I'm just testing a few times see what I get, under software renderer they run absolutely fine.

Is there a difference between default hardware adapter and the GTX980, or would they be the same?
and what version of PCSX2 are you using?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I can't remember if it was one of the latest nightlies though, certainly a revision of 1.4 anyway
If it was a nightly it will be 1.5 something Smile I would recommend trying the latest git build and using the OpenGL renderer, that fixes a lot of visual bugs.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

OK mate, I'll check later as I'm out at the moment.

Can you link me to the latest git build please?

Thanks
http://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hi Mate.

Looks like I did just use the 1.4 version from the website.

Do you suggest I try and nightly build of 1.5?
HI Mate

Just downloaded latest 1.5 nightly and it works sweet!

Tested 3 games using my GTX980 as adapter and D3D11 Hardware as the renderer, and set to 3x native, and it's perfect! Everything else left at default! :-)

Thanks mate..