Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alienware M11x..the most powerful NETBOOK around!!!
Hey,

I think some of you know about the upcoming Alienware M11x

But anyway, here is the news:

[Image: 49066.jpg]

[Image: 49068.jpg]

[Image: 49064.jpg]

From notebookreview:

Quote: ...big things come in small packages. Rarely has that statement been so fitting when it comes to Dell's crazy new 11-inch gaming laptop. Pulling from the design of its bigger and beefier brothers, the M15x and M17x, the Alienware M11x packs a lot of power into a little box.

Confirmed specs:

1- hybrid graphics mode
2- NVIDIA GeForce GT335m
3- 720p -11" screen

Quote:Dell claims that the system will run Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 at more than 30 frames per second at the panel's native resolution (as yet unknown, but either 1280x720 or 1366x768)

4- USB ports, FireWire, VGA, HDMI, DisplayPort and a card reader
5- *Not confirmed: Claiming 6-7K in 3dmark06
6- *Not confirmed: Core2Due
7- Starting @ $1000

Not bad!!

Good news for NETBOOK lovers..

I love the design...Cool
My rig: Malibal P150HM - Core i7-2760QM upto 3.5GHz - 8GB DDR3 @1600MHz - ATI 6990M 2GB GDDR5 - 500GB@7200RPMNinja

Sponsored links

Uh ok? Who actually needs a powerful netbook? Isn't a netbook (as the name quite clearly suggests) supposed to be super portable and just an easy way to access the internet without carrying much while not draining the battery after 30mins?
What's the point of playing games on a 11 inch screen? Sounds pretty dumb, impractical and just a product for people who got money to burn to enlarge their e-penis.
BTW what's the point of using BOLD in the whole post?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-11-2010, 04:00 PM)Bositman Wrote: Uh ok? Who actually needs a powerful netbook? Isn't a netbook (as the name quite clearly suggests) supposed to be super portable and just an easy way to access the internet without carrying much while not draining the battery after 30mins?
BTW what's the point of using BOLD in the whole post?

About the power....It has: [hybrid graphics mode], it means you can switch to integrated graphics mode, which they say gives you up to 6 hours

Also...Bold looks prettier!! Smile
My rig: Malibal P150HM - Core i7-2760QM upto 3.5GHz - 8GB DDR3 @1600MHz - ATI 6990M 2GB GDDR5 - 500GB@7200RPMNinja
If it has C2D (which it most likely will), I'm going to jizz.

HDMI Output + C2D, that's awesome.

Slap a USB Bluray drive on it in the future, watch Bluray movies on your TV from your netbook Wink.
[Image: 2212125.png]
| XFX HD6950 2048MB @ 900/1400 |
At which point... why not just spend $300 on a netbook, and then $300 on an HTPC? It would in the end cost some 30% less with the same functionality without having to constantly mess with wires. I'm with Bosit man, I just don't see the appeal of a netbook that does more than what a netbook should... especially at that price you could get a much better speced regular notebook if gaming is your goal... Or get a regular PC for gaming and a netbook for portability... Either way, the battery life in "game mode" would be depressingly short and not worth the hassle.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I heard that it gave 2 hours on game mode, so it isn't too shabby if it is true (my laptop gives me 2 1/2 hours, so I think that is pretty good).
why buying one of those? PORTABILITY and a huge love of games combined sounds good to me xD (I would buy one of those if: a) I lived in Usa and b) I had the money u.u
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32