Align sprite doesn't work in latest PCSX2
Tongue2 Not a surprise, I made some huge shortcut. I will need to look at it further.

Sponsored links

Actually what is the heat effect.

Is it the burning temple stage?    

Actually looking at the screen shot, you mean the scrambling ?
(05-10-2016, 07:23 PM)gregory Wrote: Actually what is the heat effect.

Is it the burning temple stage?

Actually looking at the screen shot, you mean the scrambling ?
It's the waving distortion infront of the characters. Like the heat effect you would see in real life. Yes, that's the burning temple stage, the same one I posted on git hub with the half-bottom issue.
Soul Calibur II looks better than ever at 4x with aligh sprite and merge sprite option. There is still some blurring from the framebuffertexture but it's more uniform and nicer in some way.

Edit: Oh and also with EE overclock which definitely adds smoothness. Except when it causes drops. How is that possible? Anyway 90% of the time it's smoother, but on a few stages it drops. Interesting effect. I also noticed a different effect but I will make a thread because it's super interesting.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I wonder how Ace Combat sprites are doing these days with scaling.
Can't check now, but I remember they shared a lot of bugs with other namco games.
(05-10-2016, 09:43 PM)mirh Wrote: I wonder how Ace Combat sprites are doing these days with scaling.
Can't check now, but I remember they shared a lot of bugs with other namco games.
It's still a mipmapping disaster zone in hardware mode, other than that it's pretty good. Except part 4, which still has the completely black plane.
(05-10-2016, 09:18 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Soul Calibur II looks better than ever at 4x with aligh sprite and merge sprite option. There is still some blurring from the framebuffertexture but it's more uniform and nicer in some way.
In Tekken 5 you don't need the align sprite when you're combining the merge sprite with half pixel offset. Have you tried that combo as well?
You don't need HPO in Soul Calibur games, TC Offset works much better. I can try in a bit to see if align is needed or not.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I finally did check AC5, and man, isn't it improved!
Merging sprite hack fixes the annoyance Full round sprite mode had (which albeit improved over "half" by not showing any additional line under missiles counter, was kind of like cutting some column of pixels)

I'd really say it's perfect by now.
In which cases UserHacks_unscale_point_line helps btw?
Read the pop-up in the emulator. Tongue2 It solves (too thin) line issues in upscaling, including grid patterns that cover FMV's in hardware mode.