Almost there!
First off, (since I haven't done so yet) I would like to thank the wonderful PCSX2 team for allowing me to play my great ps2 games on PC!

I have a question though. The infamous Xenosaga 1 is at near full speed on my comp...except for cut-scenes. I know this game is hard to run on this emulator but has anyone found out any tricks for 0.9.8 yet?

specs: AMD athlon II x4 3.0ghz
GTS 450
4GB ram
Windows 7

That's all I can remember for now (I'm away from my real computer).

Oh and Native rez, DX11 software mode apparently runs the best (oddly). Gets me no lower than 53 - 61 fps consistently (except for those cutscenesSad )

Also, I have tried "balanced" setting...if I go any higher, the frames actually start to read wrong and sound is out of sync (again, only cut-scenes).

Sponsored links

Software mode shouldn't be faster then a 450GTS. It's not the best videocard but it's not crap either.
(05-12-2011, 04:12 AM)dralor Wrote: Software mode shouldn't be faster then a 450GTS. It's not the best videocard but it's not crap either.

You would think so...

The part where you are training in the "white area". I tested it there since it struggles to keep characters on screen with a steady frame rate. Blink

Ive also heard this game (especially the first one) is more CPU dependent than GPU. Maybe that could be why?
If it was CPU limited it shouldn't change from going to software or hardware mode at best and get slower in software mode at worst. My old ** GT runs it pretty well at that section minus the cutscenes but that's at 3x res.
(05-12-2011, 04:51 AM)dralor Wrote: If it was CPU limited it shouldn't change from going to software or hardware mode at best and get slower in software mode at worst.

Uh, problem with Xenosaga I think is that it's doing so many draw calls that DirectX (D3D) can't handle them fast enough or they are passing a limit or something and then they're stalled in the CPU, Software mode doesn't have to deal with DirectX so it can be much faster there.

Anyways yeah, the difference can show then and yes it's limited by CPU Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Ahh amusingly enough draw calls tend to be api limited by overhead and not really card limited.
(05-12-2011, 06:26 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Uh, problem with Xenosaga I think is that it's doing so many draw calls that DirectX (D3D) can't handle them fast enough or they are passing a limit or something and then they're stalled in the CPU, Software mode doesn't have to deal with DirectX so it can be much faster there.

Anyways yeah, the difference can show then and yes it's limited by CPU Tongue2

Xenosaga 1 is coded in such a strange way, no? I hear XS2 and 3 run better...so I should get full speed at all times. Can't wait!