Alt + Tab not working well with PCSX2 1.2.1 ?
Playing in windowed mode, i just found out whenever i using alt + tab to switch between browser or anything and pcsx2, the windows always lost focus, hotkey like tab, f4, f1 and etc not working,
There's a little trick to get it working by press again alt + tab, you hear a ding like sound in background and still remains in pcsx2 window, and all hotkey working again. Another thing is if i don't use alt+tab but choose it with mouse via task bar, there's no problem.

coz i get used to using alt+tab all the time so it's a little bit not thet convenient--
So anyone can get it a test or if i've done anything wrong ??

Sponsored links

sorry, but exactly what are you mentioning about. do you mean the hotkey's don't work after pressing alt+tab.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(11-04-2014, 02:27 PM)s.sakash Wrote: sorry, but exactly what are you mentioning about. do you mean the hotkey's don't work after pressing alt+tab.

yes, excatly. it's kinda like lost focus, although the screen will switch back to pcsx2.
i tried latest git version once , but stop using it because of program starts slow compares to official release 1.2.1 version.
(11-04-2014, 02:34 PM)AcidRains Wrote: yes, excatly. it's kinda like lost focus, although the screen will switch back to pcsx2.
i tried latest git version once , but stop using it because of program starts slow compares to official release 1.2.1 version.

sorry, but didn't have this problem for me though Smile and, it's better using 1.2.1 since, it's the latest stable release.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(11-04-2014, 02:51 PM)s.sakash Wrote: sorry, but didn't have this problem for me though Smile and, it's better using 1.2.1 since, it's the latest stable release.

it's alrightSmile me still trying to figure out, wondering if it's some other background program that interupting or else..
(11-04-2014, 03:14 PM)AcidRains Wrote: it's alrightSmile me still trying to figure out, wondering if it's some other background program that interupting or else..

well, by the looks of it, it's hardly a problem for me.
- Refraction
(11-04-2014, 02:15 PM)AcidRains Wrote: Playing in windowed mode, i just found out whenever i using alt + tab to switch between browser or anything and pcsx2, the windows always lost focus, hotkey like tab, f4, f1 and etc not working,
There's a little trick to get it working by press again alt + tab, you hear a ding like sound in background and still remains in pcsx2 window, and all hotkey working again. Another thing is if i don't use alt+tab but choose it with mouse via task bar, there's no problem.

coz i get used to using alt+tab all the time so it's a little bit not thet convenient--
So anyone can get it a test or if i've done anything wrong ??

Yeah this is an annoying issue and happens with -every- version. I've tried this as early as r1888 up to the latest GIT versions, and it happens with all of them.

When it occurs you can fix it by simply pausing and resuming the emu, but it's a bit annoying.

Avoiding it entirely is done by using the mouse to switch like you mentioned.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Alt + Tab not working error can be solved by changing the AltTabSettings registry values. To do that, tap the Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run application. The time when the window opens, write in Regedit and press OK. It will help you in fixing windows 10 can't alt-tab to desktop easily. Users can navigate the Registry Editor by pressing the arrow symbol next to the folder name to extract it. Go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER → Software → Microsoft → Windows → CurrentVersion → Explorer. Then look for a value called AltTabSettings. If it is not there, right-click on an empty space and choose the option of New → DWORD (32-bit) Value, then name it AltTabSettings. In the end, double-click on AltTabSettings and change its value data to 1, before tapping OK and exit from the Registry Editor before you see if the Alt-Tab shortcut works properly. In case not, start your PC again and check the error.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go