Am I executing the ps2 cheats incorrectly for pcsx2?
So here is what I did:

I went to codejunkies to look for let's say dynasty warriors 5 armax codes

I find the encrypted armax codes and put them in omniconverter with the input being armax and output being standard/unencrypted text

Then I put that standard/unencrypted cheat into pcsx2ce and convert it to pcsx2 to form and name my file the game's crc code with .pnach at the end instead of the txt

Then i save that .pnach file into my pcsx2 cheats folder (not ws_cheats) and then load the game...

Now of course you may ask, what is the point of this thread?  Well I realise that there are cheat codes that actually work with my games.  For example, the armax cheat code that allows infinite mosou attacks and 1 ko's = 100 ko's for the dynasty warriors games I have on my emulator will actually work.   While on the other hand, certain cheat codes like, unlock all dynasty warriors 4 characters or unlock all weapons, will be successfully loaded onto the emulator with no issues according to the console.  However, when loading the game I see that there those cheats are not unlocking all of my characters or weapons...

Is it possible that some cheats are destined for the actual ps2 rather than the emulator or am I installing those certain cheats correctly?

BTW does pcsx2 require master codes at all?

Sponsored links

PCSX2 don't require a master code and one possible reason why they will not work(if they are correctly decrypted(if needed))is the game region...cheats for a different region of the game will not work or it will partly work or it will case negative effects.

codejunkies codes are usually for pal games
(10-12-2016, 06:03 AM)vsub Wrote: PCSX2 don't require a master code and one possible reason why they will not work(if they are correctly decrypted(if needed))is the game region...cheats for a different region of the game will not work or it will partly work or it will case negative effects.

codejunkies codes are usually for pal games

As pal games, you mean games outside of the US?

If so, then I can correct you by saying that they have cheat codes for us games, like mine that was listed in the above post, if what you said was the case then why did some of those codes on the same page, like having infinite mosou or life, work while others still on that same page didn't?
Sometimes codes are created and not thorough tested.
I've experience this many times...I made some codes and after I did something,those codes are not working anymore because the game moves address for that thing into a different location.

Sometimes you may also encounter ARMAX or other encrypted codes that omniconvert don't decrypt correctly because they are using some other encypting algorithm.

For example there are some codes that omniconvert can't or don't decypt correctly but maxconvert decrypt them correctly.
Most of the time I can tell if the codes are decypted correctly to raw by just looking at them.
(10-12-2016, 04:46 PM)vsub Wrote: Sometimes codes are created and not thorough tested.
I've experience this many times...I made some codes and after I did something,those codes are not working anymore because the game moves address for that thing into a different location.

Sometimes you may also encounter ARMAX or other encrypted codes that omniconvert don't decrypt correctly because they are using some other encypting algorithm.

For example there are some codes that omniconvert can't or don't decypt correctly but maxconvert decrypt them correctly.
Most of the time I can tell if the codes are decypted correctly to raw by just looking at them.

(10-12-2016, 04:46 PM)vsub Wrote: Sometimes codes are created and not thorough tested.

Ignore that top quoting box you see at the top of this post, anyway

So expect some codes not to work when I put them into pcsx2?

Also do you recommend me to download maxconvert to double check if its an omniconvert issue rather than the cheat itself?
Can you post the original codes and the pnach
(10-12-2016, 05:46 PM)vsub Wrote: Can you post the original codes and the pnach

Sorry for the long wait
The original encrypted armax code from my samurai warriors 2 game (both american version): 
TU9A-PB7N-FT61F
DJAR-5K0U-8TCMB
FEGR-KNJ9-5FQKD
PF9T-URDC-Y0WEY
QYE1-4UNE-DY8Z4
JCXG-13VP-JVQ9G

The pnach: 
//All weapons

patch=1,EE,104E188E,extended,0000FFFF

patch=1,EE,204E1890,extended,FFFFFFFF

patch=1,EE,204E1894,extended,FFFFFFFF

patch=1,EE,104E1898,extended,0000FFFF
patch=1,EE,104E189A,extended,000000FF

Bumping for this thread to be re-looked at
They look fine and I don't know why they are not working
Also I can't find the ARMAX codes you posted above when I search while using google...from where exactly(the page)did you get them
https://gamehacking.org/game/104828
scroll down until you see "This Game Requires A Code Breaker PS2 V7.0 Or Higher! " That will list the all characters code for my game

and press the arrow next to the all characters unlock code and it should show you the list of certain types of encrypted codes of that cheat such as armax or gameshark