An Issue with Zone of Enders, 2nd Runner
Hello guys. I'm Running Zone of Enders 2nd Runner with GSdx the SSE4.1 version and a custom 1920x1080 resolution. The problem is that
special effects like explosions and laser shots seem to be kind of dirty and disappear as a whole after a few seconds in combat, resulting in no special effects whatsoever, now this only happens on the dx 9 and dx 11 hardware renderers.
Here is a picture of how the effects look like before becoming smaller and smaller untill they are completely gone:
[Image: 30638582.jpg]
now im running
I5 2500k @4.2 ghz
gtx 570 @ 842/2100 mhz

Perhaps the overclocks are the culprit?

Sponsored links

no the overclocking should not get the graphics corrupted. Try changing in software mode, and change the threads to 3. but it might be slow. Try the Gsdx hacks

change the gsdx.ini

Gsdx.ini Wrote:allowhacks=1

and tick the alpha and offset hack.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
A (Software) renderer in GSdx (F9 while playing) is the most compatible for this game (might even be faster for you).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thanks guys,It does work peachy in software mode but sure gets a jagged look. Any idea how to make the image a bit sharper?
I'm afraid not, the nature of software mode is to keep it "original". you could tick the AAx1 box in hope that the programmers used it ;p but aside from that, you're stuck in original resolution Sad
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Game looks perfectly fine in r4918
Not in hardware mode and not with lights seen through solid objects Tongue2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Much appreciated. Laugh
The lights going through backgrounds or objects are known issue with this game. The missing particles or lights in the burst attack can be trigger by boss fight and certain cut-scenes. Also, I still get crashes during the stage where you have kill thousands of raptors and protects the LEVs at the same time. This game would have been perfect if not for these issues.

Also, this is the only game that still make a GTX 580 used up 99% of the GS in PCSX2. While other games typically stay in the 3x - 7x usage.
Sorry I'm just not seeing those glitches... It looks fine to me

[attachment=29996]

2x res in 4918