Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An alternative to motionJoy?
I am looking for an alt program that just as easy to use as this one. I do not like MJ as the thing has bad driver(s). If my controller get disconnected then reconnects I get a BSOD. Its rather annoying and I put up with it for awhile and still am. I just like to know what other programs are out their.

Over the course of 3 months or so of me using MJ. I have had at least 20 BSOD's because of it. Yes I am sure its MJ itself.

Thanks
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3

Sponsored links

Unfortunately MiJ is crapilly written, seems a lot of people BSOD on it (although I've never really had problems with it, except for trying to get PCSX2 to use analog buttons).

If you're looking for something else, well there really isn't anything else, unless you want to got the libusb route (which is risky, due to supposedly disabling USB ports on Vista and above) ... at least for free, wonder if WinDS3 still works.

If someone could make a free driver that works better than MiJ I think everyone would switch and noone would use MiJ.

<noob>
Why u net no make no good driver for bestest game controller evar!!! Sad Sad
</noob>
This http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller
with this: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Pokopom-K...Pad-Plugin
[Image: newsig.jpg]
OK so I downloaded everything but how do you get this to work? The SCPuser exe doesn't detec anything. The other EXE file downloaded is called SMCX and you can open ROMS with it? I'm confused. I never did see the program Popokom or whatever like it had it on Kross's thread. I gues I should be posing this their however.
To get the Filter Driver working :
- Download XInput-Wrapper-SCP-2.2.1.88.7z
- Extract the archive
- Connect your DS3 via USB cable
- Run bin\System\SCPFilterDriver.exe
- Click Install
- Run bin\Win32\SCPUser.exe, should now see your DS3 detected
- Copy bin\Win32\XInput1_3.dll to your PCSX2 directory (main, not the plugins directory)
- Configure PCSX2 to use Pokopom or Lilypad

There is also a custom Lilypad (bin\Win32\LilyPad-SCP-5350.dll) which you can drop into the Plugins directory and use native mode to provide pressure sensitive buttons.
Well that works. Does this work with other emulators as well? Or games in general? Like PC games and such?
The DS3 appears as a DInput device to DInput games, for XInput games you need to drop a copy of XInput1_3.dll in to the directory where the games binaries are located. Should work with any game/emulator which supports gamepads via DInput/XInput.

I'm currently using with Borderlands 3, and have used with a lot of other games, both XInput and DInput without issue.

Currently only works with DS3 connected by USB, but I am working on Bluetooth support. There is a prototype Bluetooth implementation posted in the thread.
What future are you from where Borderlands 3 exists? Please tell me more about it.

Sarcasm aside....

I don't need bluetooth as it will serve no purpose to me. That's good to know that it can work with other things as well. It should work with Dolphin fine then.

Thank you
typo ... (BL2 aka Knoxx -0.1)
Knoxx is a DLC for Borderlands, nothing to do with Borderlands 2 mate Wink No harm intended, just correcting your mistake Smile