Analog stick input not fully working in certain directions
I'm using a Dualshock 4. I tried through Inputmapper and just using directInput. I have used my controller on my PC tons of times and the issue doesn't exist anywhere else.

In most direction my sticks work fine. however when I hold them all the way in diagonally, the input lowers to the point that PCSX2 only registers it as a slight tilt, making my characters walk instead of run. So far this has been an issue in Rogue Galaxy and Arc : Twilight of the Spirits.

Sponsored links

(01-05-2017, 11:51 AM)MGsubbie Wrote: I'm using a Dualshock 4. I tried through Inputmapper and just using directInput. I have used my controller on my PC tons of times and the issue doesn't exist anywhere else.

In most direction my sticks work fine. however when I hold them all the way in diagonally, the input lowers to the point that PCSX2 only registers it as a slight tilt, making my characters walk instead of run. So far this has been an issue in Rogue Galaxy and Arc : Twilight of the Spirits.

I'm having this same issue with .hack//infection using the DS4, with both Inputmapper and directinput.
Having this issue as well with my DS4, using Inputmapper and directinput.

As a testing example if needed, the particular game giving me problems is Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus. When I try pressing forward/left, or backward/left diagonal directions, character slows to a walk.

Tested with my roommate's Dualshock 3 controller, and it works perfectly fine.
(02-15-2017, 01:24 AM)derceto Wrote: Having this issue as well with my DS4, using Inputmapper and directinput.  

As a testing example if needed, the particular game giving me problems is Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus.   When I try pressing forward/left, or backward/left diagonal directions, character slows to a walk.  

Tested with my roommate's Dualshock 3 controller, and it works perfectly fine.

Wanted to follow up my prior post.  I tested the DS4 with various games, and other emulators (namely PS1 emulators), and the analog sticks worked perfect.   Hopefully may help narrowing down what may be causing the issue.   Would love to see this fixed sometime, when possible.
(01-05-2017, 11:51 AM)MGsubbie Wrote: I'm using a Dualshock 4. I tried through Inputmapper and just using directInput. I have used my controller on my PC tons of times and the issue doesn't exist anywhere else.

I'm using an xbox 1 controller, and when I brought the sensitivity up on the pcsx2 setting, it ended up working fine. I hope this helps!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go