User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analog sticks not working right
OmegaMkRS Offline

Analog sticks not working right
I'm using a Logitech F310 gamepad. I have all the controller settings correct. When I play KH2FM+, all the controls work right. However, while the analog stick do recognize force (as in half way versus all the way moved) they only recognize 8 directions. Anything I can do to fix this? It's not 100% necessary, but it'd be extremely helpful.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention, I'm using xinput mode to make it think it's an xbox 360 controller. Tried doing direct input mode as well but that didn't work either.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 02:18 PM by OmegaMkRS.)
08-05-2013 02:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Sponsored links

Brock lessner Offline
Deal With It !

RE: Analog sticks not working right
Use lilly pad plugin then map your buttons and make sure you install your driver of controller in window

Intel core i5-3570k 3.4 gigahertz
RAM=32GB
nvidia GTX 970
pcsx2 version-1.2.1

Still surfing with Browser?, Try the pcsx2 forum App !
08-05-2013 02:24 PM
nosisab Ken Keleh Offline
the old faithful

Possibly you mean the character walking when should be running while moving diagonally. That issue might be corrected or reduced dabbling the analog stick sensitivity at Lilypad config.

Be aware that could make controlling the walk/run a tad more difficult as well.

In time: not tied with the issue, just as an information, the single most pleasant feature I got from the Razer Onza controller is it's circular pattern. The first time I visually noticed it was when testing it under windows and it does not reach the corners of the square but moving in a significantly round pattern. As consequence the reported issue never happened again to me since using it. Besides it's precision is notable. Really good controller (and it is XBOX 360 certified also, what allows using the Xinput without problems).

Imagination is where we are truly real
08-05-2013 04:15 PM
OmegaMkRS Offline

The speed of the running is not the issue, it's the fact that when I move the stick around it acts as if it's keyboard controls or d pad or something like that. Basically it only moves up, down, right, left, up right, down right, down left, and up left. Only those exact 8 positions. Also when using the test device option, it shows the numbers going between 0 and 1.000 according to whatever exact position the analog stick is; it just for some reason won't respond that way ingame.
08-06-2013 08:19 AM
Brock lessner Offline
Deal With It !

Did you give a try on lillypad plugin

Intel core i5-3570k 3.4 gigahertz
RAM=32GB
nvidia GTX 970
pcsx2 version-1.2.1

Still surfing with Browser?, Try the pcsx2 forum App !
08-06-2013 08:23 AM
nosisab Ken Keleh Offline
the old faithful

(08-06-2013 08:19 AM)OmegaMkRS Wrote:  The speed of the running is not the issue, it's the fact that when I move the stick around it acts as if it's keyboard controls or d pad or something like that. Basically it only moves up, down, right, left, up right, down right, down left, and up left. Only those exact 8 positions. Also when using the test device option, it shows the numbers going between 0 and 1.000 according to whatever exact position the analog stick is; it just for some reason won't respond that way ingame.

The stick seems to be seen as digital instead analog. I believe your controller to be XBOX 360 certified, if so you may want to try Xinput at the General tab, if it's not already selected.

You should get analog output from the analog sticks, there is no setup or need for one in Lilypad. Actually from your report Lilypad is reading it right.

Another possibility is you having the option for binding multiple controllers set on and having duplicated entries.

PS: If still not a solution, post a screenshot of the General and Pad1 configuration.

PPS: Just now I saw you added information in the OP. If using Xinput, what is good, you may want to use the Windows messaging. Actually it IS a XBOX 360 certified controller I believe Smile

Imagination is where we are truly real
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 03:41 PM by nosisab Ken Keleh.)
08-06-2013 03:35 PM

Current time: 10-31-2014, 02:03 PM