Annoying Frame Rate Problem in FFX
(04-05-2009, 04:25 AM)refraction Wrote:
(04-05-2009, 04:21 AM)Saiki Wrote: Win 7 is a vista remake.

close, its vista done properly (and yes i hate vista). But can we not resort to OS bashing please and be constructive?

What exactly is done properly?

It's just another generation of 'os for your average housewife'. Very very sad.

Sponsored links

done right as in less ram hogage, smaller, etc.
(04-05-2009, 04:34 AM)Saiki Wrote: done right as in less ram hogage, smaller, etc.

First of all, sorry, you're wrong about that
Second, it's not the definition of done right. But enough of that, really.
1) Use DX10. The black line on the face of characters is because of "texture filtering". I just checked that today. Disable texture filtering (wich will also improve your game speed) and the black line is gone.

2) INTC Sync Hack will also help a bit.

3) Be sure to use the last GSdx plugin STABLE, do not use the latest beta because it is VERY slow in this game compared to the other. With 0.1.14 890 i play it at 60fps, with 0.1.14 868 (newer, 31 march 2010) I cn only play at 45fps where I should be getting 60. So be sure to use the "old" one (old as the last stable one).

4) Vista is horrible, but Windows 7 (build 7068 is the one I use) is pretty damn impressive, considering it comes from Microsoft. Cain you might want to check on every web, every review, every user.... they all praise Windows 7, and until you try it, on your PC, for more than just a couple of hours on a friend's machine, you'll know why all the fuss.
SAGER NP8690 | i7-620M 2.66Ghz | 6GB RAM | ATI 5870M 1GB GDDR5 | FullHD 1080p 15.6'' | 500GB HDD 7200RPM | WINDOWS 7
(04-05-2009, 05:13 AM)dotHack Wrote: 4) Vista is horrible, but Windows 7 (build 7068 is the one I use) is pretty damn impressive, considering it comes from Microsoft. Cain you might want to check on every web, every review, every user.... they all praise Windows 7, and until you try it, on your PC, for more than just a couple of hours on a friend's machine, you'll know why all the fuss.

Aside from your obvious restates...

Why do you want to keep talking about that? You know, I just can not to reply.
Windows7 is _horrible_, every housewife and pc noob praises it and it's their choise. No sane user whose level is above _noob_ would switch to _that_ piece of... whatever that is. Unfortunately Microsoft _forces_ it on the gamers, that's why I'll have to keep it as a second os: just to use that DX10/11/2945.
Look at that conglomerate of crap: interface, settings, control panel - everything is taken down to the level of a child. Clean installation of Win7 boots slower than not-so-clean installation of WinXP. Inability to revert to the older style interface (maaaan). If anything works faster there is only because a whole different approch is utilized and noone is going to implement that with XP.
So hell, those clerks and managers may praise whaa'eva they want, even talking toilets with highspeed internet connection, it won't make it better anyway.
Turning off texture filtering dosent really help maybe just a very little bit, but the graphics become pretty ugly...no anistropic filtering. Anyway, im also having some new crash. Im at djose temple, and have finished everything there, but halfway through the sequence where we are about to leave it crashes. As for the performance, im really not sure what else there is cause my GSDX is 890
(04-05-2009, 05:28 AM)Cain Wrote: Why do you want to keep talking about that? You know, I just can not to reply.
Windows7 is _horrible_, every housewife and pc noob praises it and it's their choise. No sane user whose level is above _noob_ would switch to _that_ piece of... whatever that is. Unfortunately Microsoft _forces_ it on the gamers, that's why I'll have to keep it as a second os: just to use that DX10/11/2945.
Look at that conglomerate of crap: interface, settings, control panel - everything is taken down to the level of a child. Clean installation of Win7 boots slower than not-so-clean installation of WinXP. Inability to revert to the older style interface (maaaan). If anything works faster there is only because a whole different approch is utilized and noone is going to implement that with XP.
So hell, those clerks and managers may praise whaa'eva they want, even talking toilets with highspeed internet connection, it won't make it better anyway.

And yet for all it's faults, 7 is a much better OS.

XP is a security nightmare. Remote exploits are found far too often to consider keeping it any longer than necessary. Ineffective (and easily defeated) security measures makes it impossible to have confidence in.

XP isn't suited for the technologies that we now want. DX10 isn't Vista-specific for no reason, the graphical subsystem underlying the OS has changed in substantial ways. Backporting these changes to XP would be tremendously difficult.

In the end, 7 is the OS that will bring Microsoft out of XP's shadow. It isn't meant for the 12 year old computer laying in your garage, it's meant for contemporary hardware and contemporary uses. Nobody is forcing you to install Vista/7 on your machine, nobody is forcing you to buy it. Most major manufacturers offer rebates if you don't want Vista/7 on a store-bought machine.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
I'm hoping they offer Win 7 free upgrades on newer Vista pcs. I'd rather have 7 then vista.
(04-06-2009, 02:04 AM)echosierra Wrote: And yet for all it's faults, 7 is a much better OS.

XP is a security nightmare. Remote exploits are found far too often to consider keeping it any longer than necessary. Ineffective (and easily defeated) security measures makes it impossible to have confidence in.

XP isn't suited for the technologies that we now want. DX10 isn't Vista-specific for no reason, the graphical subsystem underlying the OS has changed in substantial ways. Backporting these changes to XP would be tremendously difficult.

In the end, 7 is the OS that will bring Microsoft out of XP's shadow. It isn't meant for the 12 year old computer laying in your garage, it's meant for contemporary hardware and contemporary uses. Nobody is forcing you to install Vista/7 on your machine, nobody is forcing you to buy it. Most major manufacturers offer rebates if you don't want Vista/7 on a store-bought machine.

Oh my god..
I could of course reply, sure. But why ruin a good laugh you gave?Smile
Ok ok, Cain, first of all it is pointless to argue, because everyone has different opinions and likes and dislikes. But just like you gave us yours I'll give you mine. And if it makes you laugh, well then you better have a good laugh buddy, good for you! Time will make you play catch up to 7 users =]

I like 7 more than XP because it is faster. A lot faster. And there's DX10 support and DX11 coming. I don't care about DX11 since I'm no pc gamer. But no one can deny it. It is faster. It is safer too. And it has many native supports XP didn't.

I also like 7 because it is a lot easier. Why do I care about that? Cause for me, time, is MONEY. Simple as that. For every headache to correctly setup something in Vista (more or less in XP too), I get it up and running in 7 on a breeze. I don't see why it is a bad thing that it is an easy OS. That's a good thing, unless you're a teenager with lots of time to fool around on an old and hard-to-get-something-done OS.

And no, I'm not a noob. While I might be new to pcsx2 and so, I ask many questions, I've been a Linux user for many many years (since XP came in, to be more precisely), and I totally -and I mean totally- trashed my kubuntu partition (KDE 4.2 included ='( ) in favor of 7 taking all my disk space. For every 3 hours spent setting up kubuntu to do something, I could have 20 minutes in 7 and the 2:40hs left just havin fun, earning money, playing around or whatever I wanna do. That happened in vista too and, in less degree, in XP. That's why I like 7. "It gets the job done". It might be easy, well, point for 7! Faster? point for 7! Now... why would you like XP more? Sure you have your reasons. But sooner or later you'll end up using 7 too. But, if you're happy with XP, then stick with XP =]
SAGER NP8690 | i7-620M 2.66Ghz | 6GB RAM | ATI 5870M 1GB GDDR5 | FullHD 1080p 15.6'' | 500GB HDD 7200RPM | WINDOWS 7