Another USBQemu plugin, this time in VB.net (Keyboard only)
k testing now also sorry i was away for a bit due to some issues with my laptop
i have a new one now

still crashing sorry

crashes when applying config changes or loading plugins
EDIT: this seems to be an issue with pcsx2 and not the plugin itself
ASUS ROG G750JM
Intel i7-4700HQ CPU @2.40GHz (Overclock 3.7GHz)
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
32.0GB RAM

Sponsored links

Oh *****, usb keyboard plugin is a thing.
Version 0.6.0 Has been released and it brings;

Restored Console Logging in PCSX2 1.4.0
PCSX2 Changed the console redirection code in response to issues with updating VS toolkit
However, their redirection code was ineffective at redirecting this plug-in's output streams.

Now messages such as Numpad/Capslock enabled/disabled will appear in the console again.

A significant change in how this plug-in interfaces with PCSX2
No longer using C++/CLI, instead using Unmanaged Exports NuGet Package for native DllExport (the same system used by my DEV9 plug-in)
This is largely a under the hood alteration, but it massively simplifies building this plugin.

An additional fix for a crash that might happen under rare(?) conditions
Version 0.7.0 Has been released and it brings;

WINE compatibility.
RawInput code cleanup
I just tried your plugin and it keeps spamming the log with:

Code:
USB_CLR:USBKeyboard Information: 4 : CapsLock OFF
USB_CLR:USBKeyboard Information: 4 : ScrollLock OFF

Otherwise it seems to work nicely, but it would be nice if you could include a Padnull plugin. Padnull isn't included in git builds anymore and the plugin conflicted with my lilypad keyboard controls, or didn't respond at all because of it.
Sorry noob question, how do I install this plugin and get it to work? I've extracted the .7z contents into my PCSX2 Plugins directory but I'm still not able to use my keyboard as a keyboard. I would really like to get this to work because there's a bunch of ARMAX, CodeBreaker and GameShark codes that I want to put in and would really save me a whole lot of time.
Is the game resending the LED status repetitively (and spamming to log as a result)? on games I've tested that was only sent once or twice.

Will see if I can resolve that.

What is you're lilypad config and usb plugin config?
I've tried to get lilypad to play nice with this plugin, but it seems like either something has changed or I've missed a combination of settings somewhere.

Edit: I've attached a build of padnull (from 1.4.0 IIRC) to the OP
(05-29-2016, 09:23 PM)gh0stp1rate Wrote: Sorry noob question, how do I install this plugin and get it to work? I've extracted the .7z contents into my PCSX2 Plugins directory but I'm still not able to use my keyboard as a keyboard. I would really like to get this to work because there's a bunch of ARMAX, CodeBreaker and GameShark codes that I want to put in and would really save me a whole lot of time.

As far as i know pcsx2 comes with its own cheat mechanisms. I have no experience with ARMAX, CodeBreaker and GameShark codes on a ps2 and if they aren't working it means that either:

1. You have not configured the plugin to use the first usb slot as a keyboard.

2. The disks you are using to input the codes do not accept keyboard input (no idea though as i have never had these discs but i have heard of them).

The other problem here is that i'm pretty sure that if your using the discs you are wasting your time as pcsx2 does not emulate the ps2 that accurately which is why it has its own cheating system.

For one when you switch discs or iso's you have to reset the disc instance or run into annoying issues with pcsx2. (which gets rid of any cheats you inputted) and 2 the cheats aren't stored in memory like a real ps2 does sooooo.

I suggest using pcsx2's cheat system and not using the ps2 discs as pcsx2 again does not have the emulation accuracy required for those discs to work properly. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-pcsx2-cheats--39245
ASUS ROG G750JM
Intel i7-4700HQ CPU @2.40GHz (Overclock 3.7GHz)
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
32.0GB RAM
(05-29-2016, 09:44 PM)Kamijou Touma Wrote: As far as i know pcsx2 comes with its own cheat mechanisms. I have no experience with ARMAX, CodeBreaker and GameShark codes on a ps2 and if they aren't working it means that either:

1. You have not configured the plugin to use the first usb slot as a keyboard.

2. The disks you are using to input the codes do not accept keyboard input (no idea though as i have never had these discs but i have heard of them).

The other problem here is that i'm pretty sure that if your using the discs you are wasting your time as pcsx2 does not emulate the ps2 that accurately which is why it has its own cheating system.

For one when you switch discs or iso's you have to reset the disc instance or run into annoying issues with pcsx2. (which gets rid of any cheats you inputted) and 2 the cheats aren't stored in memory like a real ps2 does sooooo.

I suggest using pcsx2's cheat system and not using the ps2 discs as pcsx2 again does not have the emulation accuracy required for those discs to work properly. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-pcsx2-cheats--39245

Cool, I will look into that. I had ARMAX, CodeBreaker and GameShark when I still had my PS2 console and they all accepted full keyboard control when connected to a USB port on the console. The ISO files for these discs works totally fine when using them to load cheats, then swapping to the game ISO to play with them. It's just what I'm used to when I was using cheats on my PS2.
(05-29-2016, 09:29 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: Is the game resending the LED status repetitively (and spamming to log as a result)? on games I've tested that was only sent once or twice.

Will see if I can resolve that.

What is you're lilypad config and usb plugin config?
I've tried to get lilypad to play nice with this plugin, but it seems like either something has changed or I've missed a combination of settings somewhere.

Edit: I've attached a build of padnull (from 1.4.0 IIRC) to the OP
Yes, it's continuously sending the same status.

As far as I know both configs should be default, except for the keyboard controls I added for Lilypad. I'll check up on it.

@gh0stp1rate: You need to start PCSX2 and go to Config > Plugin/BIOS selector > Plugins tab and select the Keyboard Plugin in the USB dropdown menu and click Apply.