Another bad performance thread...
Im trying to play Harvest Moon, atm im using thies plugins:

pcsx2-beta-1329
-GDdx 1376 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41
-SPU2-X 1.1.0

My problem is, that my fps is at a constant 60fps but the game runs slow. Only when in menus and inside buildings is the game smooth, outside of the buildings everything is very slow, but more like a slow drifting.

Inside buildings this is what im getting:
75-99% CPU (Emulator)
95-100% FPS (Emulator)
30% CPU (Computer)

Outside of buildings:
73-99% CPU (Emulator)
95-100% FPS (Emulator)
28% CPU (Computer)

Now i noticed that the overall cpu load is lower outside where the game is slow. That doesnt make any sence...
And the Game Sound speed stays the same no matter what, the sound is smooth and like its suppose to be

This is the Console output of my computer:

x86Init:
CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = 7
x86Family = Intel<R> Core<TM>2 Quad CPU Q9450 @ 2.66GHz
CPU speed = 2.667 Ghz
Cores = 4 physical [4 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 008e3fd
x86EFlags = 20100000

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Detected SSSE3
Detected SSE4.1
Not Detected SSE4.2

Thies are my other specs:
3,50 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, 896.0 MB
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Sponsored links

I just went threw every setting and the best performance i can get out of it is having in speed hacks only Use 2x Cycle Rate Turned on
and under CPU having only EERec - VU1rec and Multi threaded GSMode turned on... any other suggestions?
(06-19-2009, 08:49 AM)Tingle Wrote: I just went threw every setting and the best performance i can get out of it is having in speed hacks only Use 2x Cycle Rate Turned on
and under CPU having only EERec - VU1rec and Multi threaded GSMode turned on... any other suggestions?

overclock that quad core. It should do 3.6ghz easily.
ChenZen - A blog for games, technology, gadgets, anime, manga, music, or about anything else that interests the average geek.
What about VU0rec? O.o Did you enable that? Also, try without any speedhacks turned on. (Sometimes speedhacks can cause fake frame-rates to be displayed)
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
Harvest moon performance is no pcsx2 problem -- it's game itself issue. Try it on you own PS2 and observe, that game is slow bu itself. To comfort gaming you need increase limit from 60 to 75 FPS, otherwise you would see this slowdowns with 60 FPS counter.
the CPU usage is related to what the graphics plugin is using. if that is lower it means one of two things (or both)

1. The area needs less GS Plugin power to render it
2. The main emulator itself is hogging more time than it is giving the GS plugin.

I suspect number 2 is your problem
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]