Another one of those boring help threads... help appreciated
So I've been using PCSX2 for about a year now, and at first while it me some time to figure it out; I eventually got it working.

Due to my boyfriend dropping a telescope on my laptop and killing the HD, I had to send it in for a free repair (thanks Sony!) and it was fitted with a new HD and they even cleaned it up a bit and sent me a free cleaning cloth!

I've attempted to download all the ISO's I had before...namely things like Ico, FFX, FFX-2 (dat J-Pop) but I'm running into a problem whenever I try to boot the games.

"File not found."
"Path: IsoFileSystem"

Now apparently this is because I've downloaded IMG files instead of ISO files (forgive me, I'm not totally savvy on this). Before all the games I had were contained in a single ISO, whereas these new ones come with a bunch of random folders and a single IMG file that won't run.

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
ISO read problem (Bad game rip?)
isoFile open ok: C:\Users\Nee\Documents\My Games\My ROMS\PS2\Final Fantasy X-2\IOPRP234.IMG
Image type = Audio CD
Fileparts = 1
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (101 sectors)
(IsoFS) Invalid partition descriptor encountered at block 0x10: ''
Closing plugins...
Closing SPU2
Closing PAD
Closing GS
File not found.
Path: IsoFileSystem
(pxActionEvent) IsoFS could not find the root directory on the ISO image.(thread:EE Core)
Plugins closed successfully.
Shutting down plugins...
Plugins shutdown successfully.

So is it simply that I cannot run this file, if nor could you please advise me on how to:

1. Convert these game files into a single ICO files.

2. Direct me to a site that only hosts ISO's as I am having trouble telling which is which? (All the games I downloaded were listed as ISO but were in fact not :[)

3. Advise me on how it is you go about booting a PS2 game in PCSX2 from the original disc so I can play them that way, as whenever I try to do this by selecting the D:\ I just get a load of empty folder with nothing to select.

Note: I do actually own all of these games on disc, I just prefer to have them all stored in virtual format so I can carry them around with me.

Sponsored links

easiest things to do, put in the disk, use imgburn to turn it to an iso, direct the isopath to the zip it crates, and run.thats all you will need. careful with the talking about DLing around here, you will get yelled at over it for no good reason, just saying.
(09-27-2011, 12:00 AM)Crimmy Wrote: .. careful with the talking about DLing around here, you will get yelled at over it for no good reason, just saying.

It is a good reason.
And we're not yelling. Tongue

(09-26-2011, 11:22 PM)the-eunja Wrote: ... I've attempted to download all the ISO's ...

Thread closed.
Warned for piracy.

Read the forum rules before posting.

(Note to the-eunja: You need to enable Private Messaging if you want me to reply to yours. Wink)