Another user with cheat code problems - running out of ideas
Hi there. I'm new to pcsx2 here, so I apologize if I am doing this wrong.

Anywho, I managed to set up the program surprisingly easy enough with the site's video tutorial, and every works fine.. right up until I try cheats. I've been trying to get this to work for hours now, having checked several video tutorials and read over a dozen forum posts on the topic. I've tried so many set ups it's all starting to blur together for me, and that's bad.

I'm hoping someone can give me some perspective here, help me clear my head as I try this again.

I am using 1.0.0 and using the game suikoden 3 at the moment. I tend to play RPG's, and like to have anti-grind codes like max money (potch in this case) or infinite skill points. I've been messing around with omniconverter, a pcsx2 cheat device manager, and others tutorials and I'm still getting no where. I'm not sure what else to try, and hoping someone can point me in the right direction before I pass out from banging my head on the wall.

Thank you for your time!

V

Sponsored links

Okay, so what's actually the problem? Have you made some cheats and they are not working? If so, does PCSX2 say "X cheats found!" in the log window? Did you "enable cheats"? Did you name the pnach after the CRC correctly?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
THAT is exactly the kind of new idea I need! This sounds really bad in hindsight, but I didn't even think to check the log window.

The message it gives is:

"The Cheats folder ('C:\Users\Victoria\Documents\PCSX2\cheats') is inaccessible. Skipping...
Overall 0 Cheats loaded"

Which makes sense, as I moved the pcsx2 folders/files onto the desktop as at one point I read keeping those under programs could interfere. It's checking the wrong location then. That's progress! I need to change that pathway...(checks) not that I'm seeing how to do that. I'll fiddle around with it, see what I can come up with.

As for the rest, the pnatch file should be ok with the CRC. Cheats were enabled with the check mark on it. As for the omnicoverter, that's where I had my doubts to be honest. I specifically looked up codes in raw format, and double checked myself with the omniconverter... which gave back the same code I put in. I thought that meant I was doing it right, but I have my doubts. For example, this is the code I have for infinite skill points:

4B1D8664 C584E542
0A3C0826 000003E7

Maybe I'm imagining it, but it just doesn't look right to me. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Anywho, let me see if I can reroute the pathway to the right folder and see what happens.
(01-02-2014, 04:18 AM)bookwormbabe29 Wrote: As for the rest, the pnatch file should be ok with the CRC. Cheats were enabled with the check mark on it. As for the omnicoverter, that's where I had my doubts to be honest. I specifically looked up codes in raw format, and double checked myself with the omniconverter... which gave back the same code I put in. I thought that meant I was doing it right, but I have my doubts. For example, this is the code I have for infinite skill points:

4B1D8664 C584E542
0A3C0826 000003E7

Maybe I'm imagining it, but it just doesn't look right to me. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

At least the codes are a bit weird.
Could you post all codes?
Sure. The two sites for codes I was using were these:

http://www.herrvillain.com/codebreaker/suikoden/codes/

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/536777-suiko...faqs/22704

That help?

Oddly enough, I can change the pathways for most things, but can't seem to find out how to change the cheats. Not giving up mind you, but odd all the same.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/536777-suiko...faqs/22704

Quote:=========================================================================
Section III - CodeBreaker Codes
=========================================================================

3. Infinite Skill Points (9,999)
4B1D8664 C584E542
0A3C0826 000003E7

As the section title says they are CodeBreaker codes.

Omniconvert settings:
Input -> CodeBreaker -> Version 1+ (All v7 Keys)
Output -> Unencrypted -> Standard

You'll get the raw codes.
4196E790 006C0023
0000270F 000003E7

Also, in order to convert raw codes to pnach format, there is a handy tool PCSX2CE and read Step 6 of a guide A simplistic guide to pnach files.

P.S. The raw codes themselves are also a bit weird...
Ok, so there was an error there. I thought there might be but couldn't confirm it.

With any luck it will work once I figure out how to tell the program where to look for the cheats folder. It keeps looking in the wrong place and I can't seem to figure out how to correct this. I've been on it (checks time) to hours now and I'm not getting anywhere. I would have though this to be easy, but I am going to have to wave a white flag. Any ideas?
In the PCSX2 directory, there is a subdirectory "inis" in that folder is PCSX2_ui.ini and there is a section in that like this:

Code:
Logs=logs
Langs=Langs
Cheats=cheats
CheatsWS=cheats_ws

You should be able to assign the cheats folder by editing the cheats one.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-02-2014, 06:30 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: In the PCSX2 directory, there is a subdirectory "inis" in that folder is PCSX2_ui.ini and there is a section in that like this:

Code:
Logs=logs
Langs=Langs
Cheats=cheats
CheatsWS=cheats_ws

You should be able to assign the cheats folder by editing the cheats one.

In the directory itself? I'm not sure what you mean. How would I access that? I've told the program how to find plugin, bios, etc from the config menu but there is no inis and/or cheats there that I can see. For now I'll see what the mighty google can tell me about accessing the directory. ONWARD!
Try running pcsx2 as administrator.
It doesn't matter if the codes are correct or not,you just don't have access to them probably because of some restrictions(UAC)