Anti-Aliasing?
"Should have used SMAA really as i believe that is available for both"
Isn't SMAA only working with x86?
Most have x64 now, yes?

Sponsored links

My system is 64 bit
Ohmygodyes~

You should really add SMAA into PCSX2. I hear that it's better than FXAA and doesn't have a performance hit.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/01/fxaa-is...-you-want/
(01-15-2013, 02:53 AM)pgert Wrote: "Should have used SMAA really as i believe that is available for both"
Isn't SMAA only working with x86?
Most have x64 now, yes?

32 bit programs work on 64bit, without any exception. The architecture is designed to work with the next "bit" down. 16bit ran on 32bit, but not 64bit. 64bit can run 32bit.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

"32 bit programs work on 64bit, without any exception."
Not from my experience, though it's usally not a problem.

injectSMAA v1.2 info:
"is supposed to work only with directx 9, directx 10, directx 11, x86 applications".
http://mrhaandi.blogspot.se/p/injectsmaa.html
I have Windows 7 64-bit and I can run both versions of Photoshop, Desmume and Dolphin fine.
There's no reason why SMAA shouldn't be able be implemented in PCSX2.
I think i get what you mean pgert. you mean does the injector work on both? Well, that depends what the website says. Obviously you need a 64bit version of the injector to inject a 64bit program, however i dont know nor care as pcsx2 (and 99% of PC games) are 32bit Tongue2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

@devina40:
And does Photoshop, Desmume and Dolphin have SMAA?
Have you been able to make SMAA injector work with any program\game?
Cuz I haven't, including with PCSX2.
@towelie

Desmume uses magnifcation filters, and I don't think it's ever been attempted with Dolphin.
Either way, don't think that's really the point here.

If SMAA were to be implemented into PCSX2, it would probably be in GSdx, like FXAA.
I doubt it's as easy as renaming SMAA.fx to shader.fx and trying to activate it in PCSX2.
You guys should get on the SweetFX SMAA injector bandwagon if you are looking to screw around with Anti Aliasing and Shaders

Here is Final Fantasy X with internal resolution set to 4

SweetFX Off aka Default PCSX2/GSDX FXAA Implementation
[Image: DN3Zh.jpg]

SweetFX On with SMAA (Subpixel Morphlogical Anti-Aliasing)
[Image: SUEzW.jpg]
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Ultra | GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080Ti | Mem: Crucial Ballistix 32GB DDR4 | OS: Windows 10 x64
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: MSI MPG Pro Carbon WiFi | GPU: AMD RX 6600 | Mem: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4 | OS: Ubuntu Mate 22.04