Any Screen Tearing fix other then aero for windows 7?
Hi personally i want to keep using the classic theme with windows 7, but with classic theme i get screen tearing in DX11 be it either software or 3D, i tried to force VSync in CCC but it did nothing...

my GPU is a radeon 6850.

Sponsored links

Do you mean in PCSX2?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Cant you set classic theme without disabling aero?
I think the advanced design options are quite modular.
I don't know but one of the reasons i do like to use it is especially because it disables aero.

(10-28-2015, 07:21 PM)refraction Wrote: Do you mean in PCSX2?

Yes.
Aero and it's vsync function seem tied together based on research I just did. You can't have one without the other.

You might try some 3rd party program like D3Doverrider. IDK if it will work.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Thank you, i made this thread thinking i missed something, seems that i didn't, if i can't think of anything i'll just enable and use it with aero, thanks again for the help ^^.
(10-28-2015, 08:16 PM)strike105x Wrote: Thank you, i made this thread thinking i missed something, seems that i didn't, if i can't think of anything i'll just enable and use it with aero, thanks again for the help ^^.

Win7 aero is tied to a type of Vsync

THis version  stop tearing but does not cap it at monitor HZ rate, Win7 does it so does Win8 and Win10, but in win 7 is rather simple to disable aero, win 8 and up it not as simple as disabling desktop composition.

Either Leave Aero on
Force VSYNC via NVCP/AMD CP ( which forcing vsync via CP for windowed programs dont work when AERO is disable atlest it never did for me on win 7)
Enable Vsync in PCSX2.

There really isnt reason to disable aero imo either
Does the "V-Sync" button in PCSX2 not work?
Do you mean the "wait for V-Sync on refresh" option in GS Window category ? If so then unfortunately no, it does cripple performance a lot though.
if it dont work in pcsx2 correct then it broke some how in dx11 or it is actual do nothing more then trying to flag the pcsx2 to use cp vsync. which dont work for windowed programs. for fullscreen exclusive it will but pcsx2 is not fullscreen exclusive.

IT will work for OPENGL at lest it did last i checked just not DX.

Again why are disable aero there is no reason to at lest imo there isnt

Classic theme/No Aero= Vsync isnt gona work even if you force it in windowed programs for the most part I know this applies to Nvidia driver not sure if it applies to AMD but it does it probably has something to with how windows OS is forcing vsync OFF in windowed programs reguardless if program it self has it own vsycn option.

I know pcsx2 and swtor both have vsync options and IF aero disable both programs tear even when vsync is with in the programs both use windowed/windowed fullscreen. but swtor can use fullscreen exclusive and vsync works.