Any reason to use ZeroGS on Windows? ...and what's the best SPU plugin?
Two quick questions...

1) Is there any reason to use ZeroGS (or ZZogl) on Windows? It seems like GSdx really is the best thing to use.

2) What's the best sound (SPU) plugin?

Thanks so much!

Sponsored links

The best sound plugin is SPU-2X
Definitely the best sound plugin is SPU-2X (even if it doesn't work on some rare games and you need to use another on‌e =P eg: Wild arms 5).
About the ZeroGS, I tried using it long time ago and i really didn't liked it much. Poor speeds and many textures missing (i hadn't messed around with it much either ...all options on default etc, I'm sure it's not as bad as it seems =P). But really, stick with the latest GSdx plugin. I only use that graphic plugin and it has been working really great for the majority of games.
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
Like SPU-2x for sound, ZeroGS does occasionally work better than GSDx on certain games (one of the many crappy sonic sequels for example). So it's okay to have around, not like it takes up much room... though ZZ would be preferable if you absolutely must have an OpenGL plugin.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Armored Core 3 (and maybe there are other ac games) work with ZeroSPU but not with SPU-X.
(11-19-2009, 03:40 PM)Koji Wrote: Like SPU-2x for sound, ZeroGS does occasionally work better than GSDx on certain games (one of the many crappy sonic sequels for example). So it's okay to have around, not like it takes up much room... though ZZ would be preferable if you absolutely must have an OpenGL plugin.

Example, Linux or Macintosh computers.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | MSI 1070Ti | 16GB 3600MHz RAM
ZeroGS and ZZOgl may work better in some specific circumstances, but generally GSdx will be better.

Best SPU2 plugin really depends what you want it for, Best quality would be SPU2-X most compatible ZeroSPU2, I also like P.E.Op.S for some games where I want normal speed music even when the gameplay is too fast/slow.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Well, Sonic Unleashed (GSDX is still have a ton graphic's issues, starting with drift), Haunting Grounds and Ghost in the shell work in ZZogl. And ability to check game issue in another plugin is wery important.
Thanks for all of the help everybody.

It sounds like that GSdx and SPU-2X should be used first, and if I experience any problems then try ZZogl (and/or any other sound plugins if needed).
Exactly.