Any recommendations?
I bought a new laptop, any advice on what to download and can anybody help on how to set the graphics/etc? Here are the specs:
http://www.frys.com/product/5948354?site...IN_RSLT_PG (Scroll to the way bottom)

Sponsored links

I suggest you download the latest beta (1474) if that's what you mean... If you're implying games, it is against the forum rules to discuss in any way any form of piracy (that includes discussing what games you should download Tongue2)

Use the configuration guide.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I'm not discussing games, i was just wondering what configurations would be able to use my laptop to it's full potential. Nothing about piracy lol. For the guide, honestly I didn't understand it too well, I did look it over and also copy some configs from youtube but those were pretty bad.
As koji said first thing to try would be get the latest beta and try with the default options and see if it works well, and if it doesnt go from there.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Meh, not doing so well, any tips Shadow? You have the same graphics card apparently lol. Unless the 9600m gt and the 9600 gt are different.
What exactly is your problem? Are games running slow or not at all?

A note, 9600m would be a mobile card, mobile cards will always be slower than their normal counterparts.

If it is just running slow, your best bet is to use some speed hacks, but never expect a miracle out of them. The 2.53ghz processor might be a little slow on most 3d games, but you should get playable results.
Show us your settings and tell us what game and what your problem is so we can help better.
Overall slow framerate and reduced graphics, ToA(Also going to play .hack//GU way more). I'm also wondering if im putting the settings too low, this thing has 6GB Ram and a good card. Yes it's Vista Premium as well so im guessing i should have cranked it up to DX10 rather than DX9?

Basic Config: http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/853/40037056.jpg

Specs:
* Intel Core 2 Duo processor P8700 2.53GHz
* 3MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB Speed
* 6GB DDR2 (PC2-6400) RAM (4GBx1 + 2GBx1, Max: 8GB)
* 500GB (5400RPM) SATA Hard Drive
* Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit Edition
* 18.4" Widescreen Display (1920 x 1080) with XBRITE-FullHD technology
* NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT GPU with 512MB Dedicated and
Total Available Graphics Memory of 2280MB
Oh and i know this is a bit off to the side, but in ToA during the skits the black screen has many strange colors instead of just black, making it impossible to read lol.
Alright you tried the stable 0.9.6 PCSX2 too?

Use only "Limit" option in CPU options, tick the "defaults" button in advanced settings, set Module in SPU2-X to XAudio2 and yeah use Direct3D 10 (Hardware) in GSdx or try software mode (soubt it's gonna help), how much of a slow down are we talking about?
dot hack // GU is very very VERY GPU limiting, and it pushes CPU pretty hard too. In fact, it's probably the toughest game to emulate I've run into (I get usually only about 50% speed with every speed hack and trick in the book in my system). I haven't played Tales of Abyss on the system so I'm not sure where it stands on the spectrum.