Any stable version of 1.10?
Hello,

I've been looking for a somewhat stable version of PCSX2 1.10. I tried the latest SVN (r5702) but it kept crashing to desktop when I attempted to boot into a game. emuloag attached below:

PCSX2 1.1.0.r5695 - compiled on Jul 13 2013
Savestate version: 0x9a0a0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft (build 9200), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 10014 MB
CPU name = AMD FX™-6100 Six-Core Processor
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 02)
CPU speed = 3.290 ghz (6 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 1e98220b
x86EFlags = 2fd3fbff

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX
MMX2 .. SSE4a

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS: C:\Users\******\Desktop\Emulation\PS2\plugins\GSdx32-AVX-r5702.dll
Windows 6.2.9200
Binding PAD: C:\Users\******\Desktop\Emulation\PS2\plugins\LilyPad-r5403.dll
Binding SPU2: C:\Users\******\Desktop\Emulation\PS2\plugins\SPU2-X-r5695.dll
Binding CDVD: C:\Users\******\Desktop\Emulation\PS2\plugins\cdvdGigaherz-r5692.dll
Binding USB: C:\Users\*****\Desktop\Emulation\PS2\plugins\USBnull-r5684.dll
Binding FW: C:\Users\******\Desktop\Emulation\PS2\plugins\FWnull-r5684.dll
Binding DEV9: C:\Users\******\Desktop\Emulation\PS2\plugins\DEV9ghzdrk-r5692.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9645 games on record (loaded in 232ms)
HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Windows 6.2.9200
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: C:\Users\******\Desktop\Emulation\PS2\ISO\Kingdom Hearts II.iso
Image type = DVD
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (1936768 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9

Sponsored links

you need to use sse2 on the GSdx graphics plug-in since you have AMD cpu
Go to audio plugin settings-change xaudio to direct sound
this is known problem with windows 8 !
(07-19-2013, 04:39 AM)smartstrike Wrote: you need to use sse2 on the GSdx graphics plug-in since you have AMD cpu

Actually he can use any the existent plugins with that CPU (it's a Bulldozer and accepts till/up to the AVX).

@OP

The stable versions are numbered even on the second digit, the next one will be 1.2xxx

Still, due the way the development is done, stable and unstable are relative words. One can think of it like unstable for being released new builds frequently and the chances of a bug being introduced in the process, otherwise the SVN versions might be more "stable" than the stable, if you understand me.

Edit: Was forgetting the most important. Maybe the ISO is flawed but before anything else remove that installation from the Desktop, is strongly unadvised to install things in there or keep files by what matters. Don't use any Windows specially protected folders, like the Documents and above all avoid the C:\Program Files... also, this is valid for PC games as well.
Imagination is where we are truly real
@nosisab

i see AVX still accepts
how about the ssse3 and sse 4.1 on the amd-fx will be still accepts on gsdx so that i'll know next time
(07-19-2013, 05:01 AM)smartstrike Wrote: @nosisab

i see AVX still accepts
how about the ssse3 and sse 4.1 on the amd-fx will be still accepts on gsdx so that i'll know next time

All those, the limitation goes only till the Phenon II.

Let's take the chance to ensue another warning. When seemed things could not worsen they did, at this point is non advisable to install games even in a user's created folder under C:, I'm not sure if that's so in Windows 7 yet but surely Windows 8 started asking for "administrative" privileges on the C: at some extent, what's bad news which may lead to nasty and hard to detect access rights issues.
^
^
^
i see thanks +1 so phenon then has it's boundaries.
Win8 has tightened it's admins privilage worst than win7.
e.g. copy a file to C:\ but windows rejected it "you'll need to provide administor permission to copy this folder"
but i'm am an administrator w/o unquestionable idea then i need to copy all my programs/files in another partitions.

@OP
btw i update the details try to move your installed pcsx2 that is not restrictive e.g. C:\pcsx2

C:\Users
C:\Windows
C:\Program files
C:\Program files(x86)
these mention above avoid install your emulator there.
wow.. an AMD that support SSSE3..

1: use SSE2, it's a staple for AMD CPUs (Use this as a baseline to test everything. if this works, switch to 4.1)
2: Xaudio doesn't always work on Win8 (though I've had no issues) Try switching to DirectSound
3: run PCSX2 as administrator.
(07-19-2013, 05:34 AM)smartstrike Wrote: ^
^
^
i see thanks +1 so phenon then has it's boundaries.
Win8 has tightened it's admins privilage worst than win7.
e.g. copy a file to C:\ but windows rejected it "you'll need to provide administor permission to copy this folder"
but i'm am an administrator w/o unquestionable idea then i need to copy all my programs/files in another partitions.

@OP
btw i update the details try to move your installed pcsx2 that is not restrictive e.g. C:\pcsx2

C:\Users
C:\Windows
C:\Program files
C:\Program files(x86)
these mention above avoid install your emulator there.
Although yours is an administrative account it runs as normal user unless explicitly choosing to "run as administrator" option.

If the UAC is disabled the security mechanism will still allows you to instal things without needing to grant administrative privileges (automatic elevation), just it seems not to work as supposed with those specially secured folders. If UAC is enabled it will popup a window asking for administrative permission to almost everything.

Anyway, the problems happen when an application has plugins or mods which try to access resources. The main application inherits the user's privileges and may work fine... till a plugin triggers some action and that can be seen as an invasion attempt by the OS which blocks the access silently with unforeseeable consequences.

That's the reason common applications and games might work from the C:\Program Files without greater issues but if the application/game has plugins or mods, things could go astray easily.

Edit: Don't just simply transfer applications to another directory, most installed applications writes and read the register and simply moving the folders/files could break things badly. A standalone application (which does not changes or read the register) can be moved without problems, the case of the portable version of PCSX2, for example. Otherwise, the correct procedure is uninstalling and reinstalling the application elsewhere if it is having problems running from protected folders. As alternative you could try some specialized exporting programs but I can't really indicate such thing and have no experience in doing it as well.
(07-19-2013, 07:19 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: If the UAC is disabled the security mechanism will still allows you to instal things without needing to grant administrative privileges (automatic elevation)

sometimes, other times not. I've had my isses with Win8 saying it needs admin rights with UAC off