Any suggestions to get PCSX2 running more smooth?
Any suggestions on how I can get PCSX2 to run smoothly on this rig...

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor @3.20 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 (1024 MB)
RAM: 8GB DDR3

It's not the best rig at all but I can still get a few games to run decently with some occasional lag. Any suggestions?

Sponsored links

Try:

1. Download latest PCSX2 SVN from HERE

2. Tick "Native" in GSdx

3. Enable speed hacks including MTVU

4. Change EE/IOP and VU Clamp modes to "None"

By the way, what game are you trying to play?
Thanks Archerko I got the latest version and that alone ironically helped out a lot. I am trying to run SpongeBob: Revenge of the Flying Dutchmen - I can get to the menu and start up the game but once in game I can here static-ish audio but the video is completely black. Aside from controller config. I have not applied any of the settings you suggested - do you think the settings will cure the video issue?

EDIT: I noticed the purple text just now so...: SpongeBob SquarePants: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman (wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpongeBob_...g_Dutchman) - I figure I should be able to get the game running decently.
Try pressing F9 in game...

*lol, your previous avatar was better to me... Tongue
That got the video to show but I am getting ony 16-17fps (with the settings you suggested). Now two questions...

1) What does this mean:

Suspending single plugin: GS
Saving GS
Closing GS
Recovering single plugin: GS
Opening GS
Loading GS

I noticed it after pressing F9.

2) Is there any way to fix the fps issue?

EDIT: regarding my avy... is it better now Tongue2

EDIT 2: video (showing the fps issue) ~ http://youtu.be/Y1yRwRkKQQY
1. No need to worry, that is normal...

2. Change EE/IOP Clamp mode to Full and Extra + Preserve Sign for VU Clamp mode

*haha, you shouldn't take my opinion seriously though about your avatar... Laugh
Ok well I have some good news (more or less -.-) when using the settings in step 2 I get the same results but if I press f9 - I get 57-60fps but the video looks like this...

[Image: 18205747j_PSFx7pd.jpg]
What renderer did you use?

Maybe you could try setting the Skipdraw hack to something like 1-10, located in HW Hacks section in GSdx
I checked all of the menus and I am not seeing it (sorry to bother you with a menu issue Dx). I tried under video (gs) I got a error message and I restarted PCSX and it went away.
(07-18-2012, 09:21 PM)Archerko Wrote: What renderer did you use?

Maybe you could try setting the Skipdraw hack to something like 1-10, located in HW Hacks section in GSdx

probably you don't allowed hacks in GSDX add this to the text file called GSDX.ini in the inis folder in PCSX2 directory :

allowhacks= 1

and you will fin a surprise in GSDX configuration window Smile