Any words from the Devs about their next move??
PCSX2 Reached 95% Playability

General Discussion is no longer flooding with "PCSX2 IS SLOW" threads

So what now ? Tongue

Sponsored links

Features, UI enhancement, optimization, accuracy, fixing those weird emulation issues with certain games (e.g. King's Field IV needing you to change how the emulator handles rounding at two points in the game), et cetera.
Rewriting the emulator for 64bit, rewriting GDSX Plugin to fix issues there. For instance. These are long term goals for the devs at this point in time tho.
Yeah, UI enhancement should be prioritized to give user's an eco-friendly interface and,to decrease the number of threads which ask " how to set up the emulator ?" Tongue2.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(12-23-2014, 02:34 PM)ssakash Wrote: Yeah, UI enhancement should be prioritized to give user's an eco-friendly interface and,to decrease the number of threads which ask " how to set up the emulator ?" Tongue2.

To be honest, it's not that bad. It's more of an issue of "What does this option do" than anything else. It could be organized slightly better.

They could fix the Cheats and CheatsWS inability to have custom paths set up
(12-23-2014, 09:09 PM)Solid Knight Wrote: To be honest, it's not that bad. It's more of an issue of "What does this option do" than anything else. It could be organized slightly better.
some newbies tend to think the UI of pcsx2 is complex compared to dolphin, so it might be little eco-friendly to the user's to organize it better and describe what, each and every options do.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I think the UI is very simple. Why do they think it's complex? Which part is complex?
Going to eat roast turkey at supper (or is this at Thanksgiving day?)
Imagination is where we are truly real
(12-23-2014, 02:34 PM)ssakash Wrote: Yeah, UI enhancement should be prioritized to give user's an eco-friendly interface and,to decrease the number of threads which ask " how to set up the emulator ?" Tongue2.

your going off the assumption that people actual READ the sticks and readme and count less other things that should be read that explain how to do this, which many people do not bother hence there always asked hell a lot dont even read the tooltips in pcsx2 to begin with.

Make the ui more friendly wont fix this, imo pcsx2 ui is more friendly them dolphin but what do i know

There is reason why alot mod have pre wrote response, cause the same thing are ask over and over cause people dont bother to read especial the rules.
(12-24-2014, 08:03 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: I think the UI is very simple. Why do they think it's complex? Which part is complex?
let's start with configuring pcsx2.
  • what will a newbie to emulation do when, he wants to choose which plugin is the best for his pc ? most likely, he wouldn't even know the instruction sets sse2,ssse3 .. etc.and, i know most peoples, who can't even cross the configuration part of choosing some unvalid instruction sets to their processor's like sse4.1
Configuring gsdx
  • the most faq's like "how to improve my graphics", " there are more no.of renderers, what should i choose ? ...etc. when, we are dealing with newbies, it is likely that, they don't even know about DX9 so, we must provide more details about "software mode , hardware mode" in the gsdx settings to make it more simpler.
and, i also think that ui of pcsx2 is quite simple but, those might not be the thought of the various newbies who are less experienced.
- Refraction