Any words from the Devs about their next move??
My idea for the Basic mode implements the GSdx settings directly in the UI. It allows them to be passed through to the plugin, without opening the plugin panel.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(12-27-2014, 11:03 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: My idea for the Basic mode implements the GSdx settings directly in the UI. It allows them to be passed through to the plugin, without opening the plugin panel.

I fear that would clutter the core UI. Besides could made maintenance a lot harder.

The modular project is a great thing yet, monolithic ones tend to become a patchwork in no time.

Maybe the real reason behind the proposition is the meaning of passing parameters to GS without interrupting the emulation. If that can be accomplished without greater instability, could be implemented at the GS plugin. Implementing all those GS options at the main is not minor work also.

Edit: Besides, must not be forgotten that plugins should be kept as independent from the core as possible (including the UI)
Imagination is where we are truly real
I am pretty sure the GS plugin has to reset when you change it's settings, and I don't think that's avoidable.

Clutter the UI? It's already a mess lol. I'm talking about removing most of what's there already. The EE/VU/GS/Gamefix tabs, GONE. The GS window tab becomes graphics tab, and contains backend, renderer, aspect, internal resolution, widescreen patch, and a few other basic options. Speedhacks tab becomes performance tab, and loses EE hack/VU hack/all default speedhacks. It contains the preset, with a better explanation of them, and MTVU and maybe fast CDVD.

The CDVD menu loses most of what it has, and simply becomes "Disc" and you choose a disc for the internal loader there. Misc and Debug menu become hidden.

In the System menu:

Boot CDVD (full) becomes "Boot game through BIOS" and Boot CDVD(fast) becomes "Boot game without BIOS(Region free)." Run ELF goes away as does "Enable automatic gamefixes"(which will be on in basic mode) and enable host filesystem. Widescreen patches goes away because it got moved to Graphics tab. A new option there will be "Advanced mode" which will revert to the current UI.

That's my idea for the "Basic" mode. Advanced mode will be pretty much the current UI.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-27-2014, 11:03 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: My idea for the Basic mode implements the GSdx settings directly in the UI. It allows them to be passed through to the plugin, without opening the plugin panel.

What if the user doesn't use GSDX?
(12-27-2014, 11:23 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: What if the user doesn't use GSDX?

That's the point behind the edit in my former post Smile
Realistically how many people are going to use OGL or ZeroGS
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(12-27-2014, 11:31 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Realistically how many people are going to use OGL or ZeroGS

Exactly.

If they need to use the other plugin for some reason, they use the advanced mode.

Remember what rama said - trying to support every possibility is exactly why the UI is as messed as it is now.
You can make it dynamic. If the GSDX is active, generate the UI.
(12-27-2014, 11:33 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Exactly.

If they need to use the other plugin for some reason, they use the advanced mode.

Remember what rama said - trying to support every possibility is exactly why the UI is as messed as it is now.

Are you proposing the GSDX plugin is integrated to the core? there is a precedent in the native sound in EPSXE, still I don't like the idea that much.

If is not that the proposition, the rule stands: Don't mix core and plugins.
No, I don't propose that. I argued AGAINST it back when we were having that discussion.

But simply having the settings in the UI isn't integrating anything - it's simple variable passing. They could be passed to either graphic plugin for that matter.