Any words from the Devs about their next move??
(12-27-2014, 11:40 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: No, I don't propose that. I argued AGAINST it back when we were having that discussion.

But simply having the settings in the UI isn't integrating anything - it's simple variable passing. They could be passed to either graphic plugin for that matter.
I don't understand, is not just about an easy and quick way to bring the GS UI (whatever it is)?
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

(12-27-2014, 11:45 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: I don't understand, is not just about an easy and quick way to bring the GS UI (whatever it is)?

Okay it's like this. Now if you want to change say the internal resolution, you have to go to config->video->plugin settings and change it there. That resolution is stored in a variable.

What I am talking about is putting the setting in the main PCSX2 UI(Config->emulating settings which could just be named Config->Settings). It would affect the same variable, just from a different location in the UI.

And as I said, ZeroGS uses a variable to store the resolution too, so that setting could easily be passed to any graphics plugin.

Think of it like a "shortcut." It's still affecting the exact same setting, just in an easier more intuitive way to access it.

It's the same for the others, simply collecting the most common and useful settings in the same place, whether those variables directly affect PCSX2 itself or a plugin.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
You can have a custom UI for each plugin. When you want to configure a plugin, you need to select it from a list first. Each plugin can have different settings. I hope you understand what I mean.
(12-27-2014, 11:49 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Okay it's like this. Now if you want to change say the internal resolution, you have to go to config->video->plugin settings and change it there. That resolution is stored in a variable.

What I am talking about is putting the setting in the main PCSX2 UI(Config->emulating settings which could just be named Config->Settings). It would affect the same variable, just from a different location in the UI.

And as I said, ZeroGS uses a variable to store the resolution too, so that setting could easily be passed to any graphics plugin.

Think of it like a "shortcut." It's still affecting the exact same setting, just in an easier more intuitive way to access it.

It's the same for the others, simply collecting the most common and useful settings in the same place, whether those variables directly affect PCSX2 itself or a plugin.

I think we are beating a dead cat here, all that is needed is that quick way to call the GS UI. That UI is actually good and intuitive and concise. I see no need to make it any different just now.

On the other hand, that CDVD tab is hideous, it is confusing as hell and should be excommunicated indeed, The ISO selection (whatever from internal reader or plugin) should present the active game's name visible at the main window (that blue one) and a BIG button with just "PLAY" alone would make life better for a lot of beginners and old users too.
why GUI talk? who switches alot? sure... some easy GUI fix is to use buttons clever rather then stupid menus.

still just in that case of testing settings.

for some regular guy i'd get rid of dev9, usb, fw. make it frontmem, controller, core, graphics and sound. from current plugin or direct. ofc needs some configure dialogs for choices. for gs most of all the choices are windows dx and linuz GL. controller is a "once set". sound is something that should work always too without. the core needs the compatibility fix ofc. there's no way.

tho... the real flipper is just testing settings where one needs it faster. huh? Smile
(12-28-2014, 12:11 AM)dabore Wrote: why GUI talk? who switches alot? sure some easy GUI fix is to use buttons clever rather then stupid menus.

still just in that case of testing settings.

You are right, mainly because the devs left clear they can't lose time with the GUI just now already Smile

So, it has nothing to tell about devs next move (I bet toward champagne for teh new years eve Smile ).
As I said, nice ideas in abundance but who's going to code it? Smile
Blyss: Wx version is 2.8 on Windows and > 3 on Linux but that's not really important.
Everything you want to do can be done by learning from the existing code.
You'll find that some things are easy, some pretty annoyingly hard Tongue2
Well I've done some small mods to the UI before, changing the EE slider around when I made my EE OC build. So I at least have an idea of how things are being handled. It shouldn't be impossible if I learn WX stuff, but then again, don't expect it overnight Tongue2
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I think Blyss is going to code it. But as I said, we should have a UI design first and review it. Otherwise it might not worth the time.
@blyss if you can... you can do it. then bositman will have to make you a new color tho. Biggrin