Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone NOT going next gen?
Question - anyone here NOT intending to buy any of the next gen systems - PS4, etc? (and btw it's up to you if you consider Wii U to be next gen, I don't Smile )

Not that I don't think next gen won't be absolutely stunning, graphically and gameplay/design wise, but my backlog has gotten to the point where it's unworkable. I still have over 20 PS3 games unopened (yes, I have a problem), as well as a stack of PC games bought from Steam sales (another problem) that I intend to run on my upcoming PC, and then a bunch of PS2 classics that I intend to revisit via emulation. Then there's the systems which I currently emulate that are still fun, like the Saturn and Dreamcast.

Oh God now I'm depressed. Too many games, not enough time. Please tell me I'm not alone.

Sponsored links

nothing really stands out for me:
Xbox-720: propritary Windows, locks for only certain games, PC Hardware
PS4: PS3 with minor modifcations
Wii U: eh.. copying the vita with a touch screen, nothing fancy, nothing worth buying
I'd say the Wii U borrows more from the rise of tablets than the Vita. In any case, yes; I do plan to buy a next gen console, but not anytime soon.
I see no real reason to get a Wii U.
PS4? Maybe, but definitely not at launch.

Imho, PC gaming and emulation is the way to go.
nope, i'm not upgrading either. too much money to buy one of these systems. plus i still have lots of ps2 games as well as xbox 360, and old nes/snes/gameboy games to play.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

I still play ps2,psx,dreamcast,etc. i Love oldiest games Tongue2
(05-02-2013, 02:05 PM)Saiki Wrote: PS4: PS3 with minor modifcations

Not really, It's pretty much in the same boat as the XBox 720/Next thing, It's going to be completely PC hardware, AMD x86 CPU, AMD Graphics/APU, the works ;p

IMO i wouldn't be suprised if interest is lost in the next gen a bit as they are pretty much just PC's, so apart from games under license agreements, will be appearing on PC as well as the consoles more regularly, maybe even visa versa also.

For me as a PC lover, this is good news, but not so much for console owners ;p
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
for some reason i just had to think if microsoft is gonna use a working windows kernel for the 720. that create a possibility to have the first BSOD on consoles ever. Laugh
I forgot that the 720 uses x86 CPU (according to leak info but we'll see official one in a few weeks). I wonder if Microsoft bundles Windows with it.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 | nVidia GeForce GTX 750 | 4 GiB DDR3 @ 533 Mhz | MSI G41M-P28 | Cooler Master RS-390-PMSR-A3 | Xigmatek TYR SD962 | LG Flatron W1943SE | HP KB-0316 | MotoSpeed F60
(05-02-2013, 05:19 PM)refraction Wrote: Not really, It's pretty much in the same boat as the XBox 720/Next thing, It's going to be completely PC hardware, AMD x86 CPU, AMD Graphics/APU, the works ;p

IMO i wouldn't be suprised if interest is lost in the next gen a bit as they are pretty much just PC's, so apart from games under license agreements, will be appearing on PC as well as the consoles more regularly, maybe even visa versa also.

For me as a PC lover, this is good news, but not so much for console owners ;p

I'm not sure about that good, but... let's see what happens.
Imagination is where we are truly real