Anyone able to assist?
Hey all, looking to HOPEFULLY get some help as to why im having issues with my PS2 emulation. As far as I have read, my system SHOULD be capable of emulation PS2, if however, I am mistaking, please take a look at my system specs, and tell me TS Laugh

Im really new to this site. I have been using emulators for a time now, but only recently wanted to get into PS2 emulation. Which includes these systems:

SNES - Lots of exp
NES - Lots of exp
PSX - Working on learning about plugins.
TG16 - Lots of exp
Sega - .........

The reason I am asking, is I would like to play Kingdom Hearts, but the framerate drop goes from 60-40-50-60 and it just constantly fluctuates. Making gameplay..... not gameplay. I have attempted multiple times to correct it and prevent it from occuring.

I have tried

GPU

ZeroGS - Multiple settings, still nothing to avoid the fps drop.
GSDX - Same problem.

SPU

Zero
SPU2
Gigaherz

So, I have included what information I could, to the best of my current ability. If I miss anything, or you see something that just screams, YOU CANT EMULATE PS2, please, let me know, and the reason. If possible, a solution would be great if there is one.

CPU-z - Processor Information
    - A note on this, it states that it has SSE3 capabilites, this however is a big lie. Its actually SSSE3.

CPU-z - MotherBoard information

GPU-z - Video Card information

PCSX2 - Settings with GSdx9

Again, if I missed any information that might help diagnose why I suffer from the severe framerate drop, let me know, I will do what I can to get it.

Thanks ahead of time for any and all that attempt to help me with this issue.

*Sidenote* I am able to overclock my videocard decently, I however kept it at stock for the duration of the screenshots. Overclocking HELPS with the issue, but it does not remove it, even when I max OC.

Sponsored links

Your CPU can emulate the ps2, though it's really far too slow to run most games.

Here's a list of games that are easy to emulate. You really will need to get a new pc if you plan on emulating anything other than what's on that list. Even a lot of the games on that list won't run at full speed either.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(09-11-2014, 04:49 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Your CPU can emulate the ps2, though it's really far too slow to run most games.

Here's a list of games that are easy to emulate. You really will need to get a new pc if you plan on emulating anything other than what's on that list. Even a lot of the games on that list won't run at full speed either.

I was afraid of that answer. Thanks for the quick reply. I shall undergo the painful process of a system overhaul Sad
If you need any advice on pc specs then let us know. I always love being able to go on pcpartpicker and throw a rig together.
I wouldn't recommend dropping all kinds of dough on a pc upgrade just to play this emulator. I'm not alone when I say I have a high end rig and it's still not perfect.
(09-11-2014, 03:54 PM)markyrocks69 Wrote: I wouldn't recommend dropping all kinds of dough on a pc upgrade just to play this emulator. I'm not alone when I say I have a high end rig and it's still not perfect.

I would still recommend an upgrade in this case, as that cpu is about 7 years old
Nobbs66 is right, you should upgrade. Quick question though, have you tried D3D11 instead of D3D9?

Also what GSdx plugin are you using?
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
(09-11-2014, 10:51 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: Nobbs66 is right, you should upgrade. Quick question though, have you tried D3D11 instead of D3D9?

Also what GSdx plugin are you using?

The op's cpu only supports sse2. Switching to D3d9 won't help really, as the cpu is a the culprit and not the gpu.
why is the CPU only a x5? Is it running at full speed?