Anyone get flickering or ugly line on FMV on FFX-2?
Question 
Running 0.9.6, XP 32-bit, ATI 4850, with GSdx9
- resolution: fullscreen 1440x900 60hz
- DX9, PX3.0
- no interlace
- aspect ratio 16:9
- internal resolution 2048x2048
- texture filtering, log-Z, and alpha correction

Title screen is fine, the intro movie (which is not FMV, I think) before the start screen is fine, but the first FMV after New Game always flickers or if I turn on interlace it has these ugly black lines all over the place (like looking through a mesh screen). I also tried ZeroGS but it had the same problem. Any tips to fix this? I think other users had this problem and there didn't seem to be any resolution for it.

Thanks,
- Eli

Sponsored links

still no solution

use "native" internal res in gsdx, and cycle through interlace mode to get the best results. But it won't be perfect anyways.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I think it's a known bug.
Thanks. I did find out that I can use Software render and it looks okay (now it has the normal interlacing pattern you see on videos), but it's a bit slow and caused the movie+audio to play at a slower speed that normal, didn't really play with it to see if it can get to 60fps.
it's normal. IIRC with a real powerfull rig you can get the vids in FFX-2 working on 60fps.

But for now, just bear with it. Nothing you could do.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
As same as mine about flicker and black line so i have to set native res in internal gsdx plugin, but the funny thing i saw my gpu only use below 16% in ATI CC Center during movie in game. about the flickers in game i suspect this because some bottleneck with gpu in game. I see this in Grandia extreme game but maybe iam wrong.
As same as mine about flicker and black line so i have to set native res in internal gsdx plugin, but the funny thing i saw my gpu only use below 16% in ATI CC Center during movie in game. about the flickers in game i suspect this because some bottleneck with gpu in game. I see this in Grandia extreme game but maybe iam wrong.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.