Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know about .hip/.hop files?
Is there any known way to extract .hop or .hip files?

Apparently a .hop file is Hippon Protected file (source). The .hip file is a compressed file which I have no idea on how to open either.

If you want you can see the file structure:
[Image: RfxHaey.png]

Sponsored links

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fileextens...opfile.htm

Well as for the HIP files google doesn't even know about that one. So best of luck to you on that part. I hope that site helps with the other file type though.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
(04-26-2013, 03:47 AM)fade2black001 Wrote: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fileextens...opfile.htm

Well as for the HIP files google doesn't even know about that one. So best of luck to you on that part. I hope that site helps with the other file type though.

You literally replied with a link he already had in his post.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of PS2 file formats haven't been reverse engineered. There has been very little interest in the subject in general aside from a few games (see FFX). A lot of games use their own proprietary formats which also complicates things.

It's not necessary for PCSX2 to be programmed to handle each format, like a real PS2 it just uses the libraries present on the disc to decode them... But those libraries are pretty useless to PC software unless you can decompile/reverse engineer them to figure out how they work.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Quote:Did you find an HOP file on your computer and wonder what program should open it? Maybe someone emailed you an HOP file but you're not sure how to use it. Perhaps you tried to open the HOP file but Windows told you that it could not open it.
Quote:The easiest way to open an HOP file is to double-click on it and let your PC decide which default application should open the file. If no program opens the HOP file then you probably don't have an application installed that can view and/or edit HOP files.
Quote:Tip: Use Notepad or another text editor to open the HOP file. Many files are text-only files meaning no matter the file extension, a text editor may be able to properly display the file's contents. This may or may not be the case with HOP files but it's worth a try.
Quote:There are two main ways to attempt to convert an HOP file to another file type:
  • Open the HOP file in its default program and choose to save the open file as another file format.
  • Use a File Conversion Online Service or Software Program to convert the HOP file to another file format.
Your source is reliable, indeed.

Every company use their own priprietary formats, and never provide the tool to open them. Different formats from different companies can share the same extension, so don't mix them together even if you have seen that format before.

A famous example is the MPQ format from Blizzard. No one knows exactly what data it store. But if you open the Warcraft III\movies folder and change all .MPQ files to .AVI, they can be watched in any media player -- they're actually AVI file renamed to MPQ to prevent users from opening it. However, this cannot be applied to all MPQ files, as most of them are data files. Even a single company use multiple formats in one extension.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 | nVidia GeForce GTX 750 | 4 GiB DDR3 @ 533 Mhz | MSI G41M-P28 | Cooler Master RS-390-PMSR-A3 | Xigmatek TYR SD962 | LG Flatron W1943SE | HP KB-0316 | MotoSpeed F60
(04-26-2013, 05:04 PM)Livy Wrote: A famous example is the MPQ format from Blizzard. No one knows exactly what data it store. But if you open the Warcraft III\movies folder and change all .MPQ files to .AVI, they can be watched in any media player -- they're actually AVI file renamed to MPQ to prevent users from opening it. However, this cannot be applied to all MPQ files, as most of them are data files. Even a single company use multiple formats in one extension.

it actually worked Tongue

however alot of famous games do the same but having the audio as well means the company did nothing ! Laugh
huh. protected files? looks like you're screwed. i doubt it will convert or decrypt or open anywhere in case it's really a protected file.

but looking at that hip hop scheme (Laugh) i'd say it's just some funny extension names the developer used tho. it might still be some kinda readable binary archive. as posted in your other thread you'll have to really revengineer it. the executable looks rather big. if you're lucky there's some readable debug info in it.

my gut feeling says you not gonna make this work tho. but good luck. Wink
Try to check the header on a HEX editor. This may help you know what kind of files they really are. Most of games though use a cheap zlib compression format with sometimes really easy to reverse engineer encryption.
If you want to try to figure it out on your own, check out Xentax game research/file reversing community. They also have a wiki with a great guide for beginners on file formats.
Now that actual directions were pointed to try and find out the correct answer is time for what I have been avoiding for at least three times:

I don't know what .hip and .hop are other than they do music Smile -Now excuse me I have something else to do elsewhere before somebody decide I must be lynched.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Well that website forces you to donate to register:

Screenshots.

Unfortunately I cannot at the moment, but I am wondering how trustworthy a site is that forces people to donate.