Anyway to get a specific game(s) Working?
Question 
Hello,
Been a while since I last was on these forums, so not sure if this is the right category or not. So I will hope it is. I was wondering if there is somewhere here that you can request games that don't work with pcsx2, to see if they can get them to work. There was 1 specific game I really wanted, and was REALLY upset when I found out it didn't work with PCSX2.
For reference, the game was Battlefield 2: Modern Combat.
Thanks!
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Processor (Overclocked to 4.6GHz)
Motherboard: ASUS Z170-A
GPU: x2, ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Extreme (SLI)
RAM: 16 GB
HD: x1, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, x1, 2TB SSHD, x1, 4TB Seagate Backup Plus, x1, 1TB Seagate External
OS: Windows 10 64-bit (Upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit)

Sponsored links

Doesn't that game have a PC version, or is the PS2 version different?

Also, nice job overclocking that i7. Laugh I've been meaning to build a new rig but I just haven't had the money for it, and I want to be able to play some of the more difficult games to emulate on PCSX2, specifically games that run on the Snowblind or Jak and Daxter engines.
CPU: Athlon x4 860k @4.2GHz
RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 @1600MHz 10-10-10-30-39
GPU: 4GB Asus Strix GTX 1050ti @stock
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+
Storage: 480GB Mushkin ECO3 SSD, 500GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 4TB Seagate Barracuda
PSU: 650w Corsair CS650M
(08-05-2014, 01:40 AM)mr_bigmouth_502 Wrote: Doesn't that game have a PC version, or is the PS2 version different?

Also, nice job overclocking that i7. Laugh I've been meaning to build a new rig but I just haven't had the money for it, and I want to be able to play some of the more difficult games to emulate on PCSX2, specifically games that run on the Snowblind or Jak and Daxter engines.

Battlefield 2 was PC only. They then came out with Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for the PS2, and the original Xbox. And thanks!
HD: x1, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, x1, 2TB SSHD, x1, 4TB Seagate Backup Plus, x1, 1TB Seagate External
(08-05-2014, 03:48 AM)sandman332 Wrote: Battlefield 2 was PC only. They then came out with Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for the PS2, and the original Xbox. And thanks!
Try the manual game fixes tab (especially the EE timing hack). Try run in software mode. Run in Hardware mode but enable skipdraw in the HW hacks of Gsdx and try settings of 100 then 50 (if it works) then 25. Also try the 4gb patch if you're running 64-bit
(08-05-2014, 01:40 AM)mr_bigmouth_502 Wrote: Doesn't that game have a PC version, or is the PS2 version different?

If you don't know,Jak games are more easy to emulate than Ratchet & Clank,only Jak 2 have a big amount of slowdowns (Doesn't even know how I still finished it with these frustating slowdowns),also Jak 1 runs at good speed most of time same for Jak 3 that has less slowdowns parts...
And I made a topic specially for Jak 3 a time ago,so it should be useful
Jak 3 Ultimate Thread
The game is marked as playable in software mode. Since you have that cpu it shouldn't be a problem for you.
Ok, I just tried software mode, and it worked, but horrible lag. Only getting about 30-40 fps. I would expect my CPU to perform well, will try the other things mentioned though.
use 3 or 4 software threads.
Tried everything here, but nothing worked. Sad The max fps I get is 50 (which is fine for me) but it hardly even gets to that. Usually 30-45 fps. Though, I was able to get another game working almost perfectly on software mode (hardware had graphical issues). Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2. (not advanced warfighter). Only issue is some high pitch crackily audio, but other then that game works fine, but no luck on BF2: Modern Combat. Sad

PS: Is there anyway of knowing when a game might possibly be supported in hardware mode? Or do only the devs do that kind of stuff?
Thanks everyone! Smile Wink
Ok so. I got a couple of other games working with software mode, but now I have another issue. Fps is fine, video is fine, but the audio is the issue now. Not sure how to explain the sound, but it's kind of high pitched static/crackily audio. Tried disabling audio effects and some other things. Any ideas?