Ar Tonelico 2 Problem
I'm playing AT2 currently and have run into a problem in chapter 5. Following when the tower is created I hit a loading screen and the game freezes ( or rather doesn't load, frame rate skyrockets to 200+ fps but nothing happens, just the loading screen image). When this happens the following code registers:

MFC0 Breakpoint debug Registers code = 0
MTC0 PCCR = 0 PCR0= 0 PCR1 = 0 IMM = 0
MTC0 PCCR = 0 PCR0= 0 PCR1 = 0 IMM = 0
DVCI: File cache was not hit. "¥RPK.BIN;1"
DVCI: File cache was not hit. "¥RPK.BIN;1"

plugins (for PG which is what I played most of the game on as it bypassed an earlier problem)
graphics: ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97.1
sound: ZeroSPU2 0.4.6
controller: lilypad 0.9.4
Cdvdrom: Linuzappz Iso CDVD 0.7.0

is this a problem with my .iso, settings, or game incompatibility? I have tried getting past this point on 9.4, svn 377 and PG

Sponsored links

Disable all speedhack and make all settings in "advanced" by default. If not help, try Gsdx plugin and load the game from memory card.
Phenom 1055T x6 3.5GHz ; nVidia GTS 250; 6Gb RAM; Windows 7 x64
(02-02-2009, 02:49 AM)Summoner Wrote: Disable all speedhack and make all settings in "advanced" by default. If not help, try Gsdx plugin and load the game from memory card.

Tried that already. It would be nice if they had a compendium of what the error codes mean, don't ya think?

on a side note, I normally use Gsdx for graphics, but in this case it caused letters to randomly disappear from text... any idea what that might be about?
(02-02-2009, 02:55 AM)Emberz Wrote: It would be nice if they had a compendium of what the error codes mean, don't ya think?

Maybe somewhere in the futureSmile

I currentrly playing Ar tonelico 2 (english version) now. Always playing with Gsdx with native mode)
Unfortunually im on chapter 2 now, can`t confirm that bug.

Did you try run the game trough P.E.Op.S. CDVD 1.3.0 plugin?
(02-02-2009, 03:04 AM)Summoner Wrote:
(02-02-2009, 02:55 AM)Emberz Wrote: It would be nice if they had a compendium of what the error codes mean, don't ya think?

Maybe somewhere in the futureSmile

I currentrly playing Ar tonelico 2 (english version) now. Always playing with Gsdx with native mode)
Unfortunually im on chapter 2 now, can`t confirm that bug.

Did you try run the game trough P.E.Op.S. CDVD 1.3.0 plugin?

I did not try P.E.Op.S. CDVD 1.3.0 plugin since I currently only have the .iso of the game. My brother has the actual disc with him at University right now. Well when you hit Chapter 5 and get to the bit with the tower let me know if you get passed it, if so let me know your settings.

and a side note for you.. there is a similar problem earlier on in the game.. chapter 3/4 when you first go to kanakana pier. it seems you can only get past that area running PG.
Mount your image with Daemon toolz for example and try P.E.Op.S plugin or just give me memory card file and i`ll try. It also very important for me.
(02-02-2009, 03:28 AM)Summoner Wrote: Mount your image with Daemon toolz for example and try P.E.Op.S plugin or just give me memory card file and i`ll try. It also very important for me.

well mounting it didn't help.. i guess it doesn't really matter.. I'm not that far from the glitched boss anyway... (Raki in chapter 5 has a string of text she says which causes an overflow error freezing the game.. it was short enough in japanese, but translation made it too big to display so the game freezes there)

and ever since I ran into the problem I needed PG to get around in chap 3/4 (forget which) I've had to use save states(Saving it in PG caused a corrupted save file) so I can't send you a save file that far in. =/ that itself may be the problem but to the point its been stable.

Was a fun game while it lasted. I liked it better than the first. The surprise Reyvateil you get later totally made the game for me.
Yes. all Ar tonelico 2 games (only english version) have that bug. This is a game bug. Patch your ISO image for solve problem when you fighting with Riki.

Usage:
1. Extract ar2bugfix.exe.
2. Open cmd.exe
3. Write paths to ar2bugfix.exe and Game.ISO, for example: C:\ar2bugfix.exe D:\Games\Artonelico2.ISO
4. Press enter and your game will be patched.

After you patched old savestates will no longer work anymore. For make them work, get a new CRC from Pcsx2 console, go to sstates folder and rename all sstates file with new CRC. Or just load your game from memory card.

Attached Files
.zip   ar2bugfix.zip (Size: 33,42 KB / Downloads: 949)
I have a problem too.

The game is very laggy. What settings/plugins should I use for this game?
Am I the only one who can't seem to save to the memory card? It always fails and gives me corrupted data. Other than that, I can make the game run correctly though.