Arc the lad: Twilight of Spirit Bug/help request
I searched through the forum and couldnt find a thread that was relevant to the problem im having that wasn't for a super old version of the emulator, so im hoping someone can give me some help for the latest version, which im running.

First. Computer specs

Cpu: quad core amd 3 ghz
8 gigs DDR3 ram
Ati Radeon 5840
Windows 7

The problem i have is during the opening cutscene most of the screen has transparent white squares across it, like most of the scenary is tinted white, and when the game itself starts at the swordfight at the beginning characters and certain parts of background objects are tinted white as well, like their color's faded.

im running it on Directx11 hardware and the game runs at a flawless 55-60 FPS.

When i switch it to Directx11 Software, the strange coloration dissapears and the game looks normal, but my FPS drops down to around 20-30

Apparently its a somewhat Known bug, but again the limited mentions of it i could find were outdated, and honestly im not exactly the most savvy when it comes to the heavy technical stuff of the emulator, so id apreciate it if anyone had an answer or fix they could dumb it down for me <_<

I'd <3 you forever if you can help

Quick edit: It seems to only happen in certain areas as well. In the area where you first gain control of the character, the white tinting is on a bunch of things in the environment including the characters, but upon going inside of a nearby house everything looks normal, then upon going back outside everything is that weird white tint again.

Sponsored links

Known issue, and you already got the known solution (use software mode in GSdx).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(08-24-2011, 02:48 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Known issue, and you already got the known solution (use software mode in GSdx).

Well the problem is when i use software mode the game becomes unplayably slow. 50% fps on average. i was wondering if there was an alternative fix that didnt hemmorage my FPS, or a way to make software mode Not kill fps?
Maybe later it will be fixed correctly or hackfixed but for now that's what is available as a fix (software mode I mean).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Sorry to dig up a dead post but I found a fix for my problem that might help someone else if they are encountering the same issue with the same settings that i am using. I could not find a solution anywhere that specifically matched mine for the life of me. I just recently started playing with all the settings I could on the current pcsx2 (v1.6.0). When using the OpenGL (Hardware) renderer, enable HW hacks, and then check the box for Disable Depth Emulation. This got rid of all the white fog issues I was having while also letting me keep my 6x Native Internal Resolution on 3840 x 2160 Resolution. I tested it on the other Internal Resolutions and it seemed to work fine for them as well. This issue only seemed to happen during cutscenes when certain characters or objects are closer to the camera than the rest of the scene due to the depth of field. Hope this helps someone else with a similar issue and cant find an answer anywhere else.

Edit: The fog kind of still occurs in some scenes but it's very faint, unless the character/object is super close to the camera during the cutscene. But, honestly not really noticeable unless you are really looking for it, so not completely gone but a lot better to look at than it was before
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go