Are There Unsupported File Formats?
(Please move if necessary)

I've noticed that some of the games that don't go ingame or boot have something in common, and that something is the file formats of the game data have unusual file formats e.g. Spongebob Squarepants Movie only goes to menus but the menu file format is .BIK(Known as a supported file format) but the actual levels are in a .HIP and .HOP format which brings me to the question. Are there file formats that PCSX2 just doesn't recognise?Huh

Sponsored links

Hmm, lemme see if I can find my old Jak X disk, you might be on to something there.
(11-04-2012, 03:11 PM)The Walking Glitch Wrote: Hmm, lemme see if I can find my old Jak X disk, you might be on to something there.

I have Jak X and have looked for unsupported file formats and maybe it is the same problem because it won't boot but that was after a hardware reset of the virtual PS2 so maybe there are just unsupported file formats preventing games from playing or bootingBiggrin
I couldn't find my Jak X disk, it's around here somewhere tho. Still, that would make sense.
It is not a dKernel issue i don't think. I think it is something to do with CMD_READP call but I am not sure what thats all about
go into the iso selector in pscx2 and look at the file types supported while u are browsing for iso. if file type is unsupported then u can't load that file

if a game iso was loaded successfully but it has issues running correctly then that game is not compatible
(11-06-2012, 12:09 PM)solidus Wrote: go into the iso selector in pscx2 and look at the file types supported while u are browsing for iso. if file type is unsupported then u can't load that file

if a game iso was loaded successfully but it has issues running correctly then that game is not compatible

U are misinterpreting what this topic is about because it is about the supported game data files inside the iso. In other words nothing to do with the game formatLaugh
my bad Smile

what is .bik? is it a movie file?
.bik is a movie file, yes. similar to flash's .flv
Yes that's right and .bik is used for the menus for the game but the levels are in .HIP and .HOP files and the game only goes through movies and menus so im assuming that .HIP and .HOP files are unsupported but im not a developerLaugh